Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Cliff mentioned porting some of the changes he made back with the release of FW 9.00, then nothing has been mentioned about. I think that speak volumes that definitely there's will for (at least) another update for the II.

P.s. I can't recall correctly if it was on that same post that Cliff mentioned discovering a new method for a unified single file to update all products...

P.s. I can't recall correctly if it was on that same post that Cliff mentioned discovering a new method for a unified single file to update all products...
I have no confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that comment was relative to the current product line: Axe Fx III, FM3 and future products.

I have no confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that comment was relative to the current product line: Axe Fx III, FM3 and future products.
If that were so, why would he make that comment here? This is a thread of Ax fx 2. I mean 🤷‍♂️... I don't know

I'd really like to use more than two drive blocks on the Two. It's my problem if I overload the CPU. I'm not too cheap to buy the Three, I just don't have the time to build a new rig.

I'd really like to use more than two drive blocks on the Two. It's my problem if I overload the CPU. I'm not too cheap to buy the Three, I just don't have the time to build a new rig.

Each drive block can host two drives, so you get four drives total per patch, two of which can be active at a time.

What is different about the 3’s gate vs. the 2’s?

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-12-00.157866/

The release notes have it that the gate block now has a downward expander algorithm, pretty big deal if you're a single coil player or a hi gain player or just don't like noise

"Improved Gate block. New algorithm has less chatter and tighter gating. This is now called the Downward Expander type."

Cliff also mentioned that the input gate in the 3 uses a downward expander, but the one in the block REALLY does what it's supposed to! Super useful, and now I can leave my decimator pro rack g at home!

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-firmware-release-version-12-00.157866/

The release notes have it that the gate block now has a downward expander algorithm, pretty big deal if you're a single coil player or a hi gain player or just don't like noise

"Improved Gate block. New algorithm has less chatter and tighter gating. This is now called the Downward Expander type."

Cliff also mentioned that the input gate in the 3 uses a downward expander, but the one in the block REALLY does what it's supposed to! Super useful, and now I can leave my decimator pro rack g at home!
Got it, thanks! Curious if the FM3 has the same upgrade to the gate block.

Got it, thanks! Curious if the FM3 has the same upgrade to the gate block.
Yeah I'd love to know too, as it's a bit of a deal breaker for me, as I literally never leave home without my decimator! The new gate in the axe is fantastic and is tweak able, unlike the decimator

@Admin M@ is the gate block in the FM3 going to have the same downward expander upgrade as the axe fx 3?

Back
Top Bottom