Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I really appreciate the update. but I don't notice a substantial or apparent or even slight change compared to the previous firmware, please let someone tell me what the changes are. I have read the update notes and as it refers to the last update of ax 3 I have also read them, but I do not notice the change. I appreciate an enlightened one who knows how to explain it to me promptly, so far the sound is the same. Thank you.
Lol. Its
I just had a chance to do a real-time, side-by-side comparison of Ares 2.00 next the previous firmware (Ares 1.02).

There's no question. The dynamic response of 2.00 is way better. Volume and distortion levels respond to your playing over a much wider range. The difference is not subtle.

Like good bubble gum, it's chewy and snappy. :)
My first time playing in awhile and I couldn't put her down. I'm hearing it too. More natural dynamics - not that I've owned many Tube rigs (except a boogie). But I just went from a clean (Fixx) sound on the bass pickup, to trying all the pickups playing the Brit AFS 100. No doubt in my mind that the changes in my playing carry well - noticeably better. I think even the sustain coming from fingering (and vibrato) is increased with more a aggressive hand somehow increasing the dynamic range. The sustain has more "perk" ; (more sensitivity?) maybe this accounts for the "chewiness" of the more over-driven sounds. (chewey as opposed to dry/flakey, meaning there's more softness, almost more liquidiness, to the texture. The clean sounds have improved, more varied lingeringness as well. It can't be an illusion. I was so out of practice when I picked up my guitar, and the session was the most inspirational I've had in more than a year.

Are we waiting for a new FW to drop ?
If so, will we get the new Gain Enhancer thing ?

Back
Top Bottom