Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

I Just installed the new firmware and I've been at it for hours. Started with the 5153 then went through the Rectos and Skull Crusher next. So much more gain and tight low end dialled in with ease. Then I tried the Splawn Q rod od3 and OMG its sounds huge and I can turn up almost any and all the dials with out getting flubby on my 8 string. I have been missing out on this amp. I'm not sure it was this versatile before the 2.0 update. I always thought it was a bit hard to get rid of the mud before but perhaps I didn't dig in too much but I think I found my favourite high gainer. I found the Fractal amps all sounded better as well. I'm surprised people are reporting trouble with the low end on some amps. I've not even needed much eq other than with the Rectos. I have blisters on my fingers lol!

FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.

If anyone ever doubted about the so called "Cliff's epiphanies" here you have it, believe!!!

Seriously Cliff, you're awesome. That's why I'll be buying an AFXIII as soon as my dealer tells me it's in stock (hopefully at the end of october).

The Mesa Rectis sound shit and left -15db...

Every one of my presets that used Recto Red 2 Modern sounded horrible and very quiet in terms of overall volume, yet level was unchanged at around -12.5. I did a reset block and it sounded fine. Used FracTool to export original and reset block preset and found the XFormer Match was changed to ".100" after the update to Ares 2.00. Simply setting the XFormer Match back to 1 (or something reasonable) brought it back to life.

It was strange though that not all of my Recto Red preset were changed to XF Match of ".100" ... some were set to seemingly random values, which caused some to sound worse than others, but they were all off putting. My Recto Red presets do not use a global block and are all unique in settings.

I haven't noticed any other issues with any other amp model though. Just the Rectos

Every one of my presets that used Recto Red 2 Modern sounded horrible and very quiet in terms of overall volume, yet level was unchanged at around -12.5. I did a reset block and it sounded fine. Used FracTool to export original and reset block preset and found the XFormer Match was changed to ".100" after the update to Ares 2.00. Simply setting the XFormer Match back to 1 (or something reasonable) brought it back to life.

It was strange though that not all of my Recto Red preset were changed to XF Match of ".100" ... some were set to seemingly random values, which caused some to sound worse than others, but they were all off putting. My Recto Red presets do not use a global block and are all unique in settings.

I haven't noticed any other issues with any other amp model though. Just the Rectos

Did you update fromQ9? My recto2 patches sound amazing after the update.

Thanks for investigating, I'll check the XF since my main preset was using recto red modern 2 :D
Didn't stop me to quickly redo it with the mk2c++ in the meantime, what a bliss

Just complained about the Ares 2.00. Cliff and Fractal made some efforts to make that Firmware happens... Just chill and try to make it better...Who don’t like goes to last firmware we’re live or buy the Axe Fx lll... Cheers.

Thanks for investigating, I'll check the XF since my main preset was using recto red modern 2 :D
Didn't stop me to quickly redo it with the mk2c++ in the meantime, what a bliss
Can you describe how to do the redo, reset of the amp as you describe?

Love the new firmware, More knock and clarity. You don't know what you miss until you have it. :cool:
Very much appreciate keeping the II updated. Looking forward to more.
Thank you Fractal!

FWIW, I'll be porting some of the Axe-Fx III 9.xx changes this week. I woke up yesterday and figured out a way to use a single modeling data file for all products going forward so we won't have to maintain multiple files.

Thanks Cliff. This is beyond awesomeness!

Can you describe how to do the redo, reset of the amp as you describe?
Well, I usually do a right click - block - reset, I think, when I don't wanna change it's type. But in this case it didn't cure the noise/hiss I got with the recto.
When I say I redid, I emptied a preset slot in "manage preset" and redid it all with another amp.

9 gigs on Ares 2.0 and all's well.
Just to shake things up, I might install neck & middle custom shop 69 strat pickups in the HSS Tyler before Saturday's gig and see if they're an improvement over the Budz Purebred s-type. If anything could reveal that, it's Ares 2.0, and hopefully coming soon, 3.0!

New Axe Fx 2 XL is er here (traded my Kemper for this) and I am still VERY glad I did the swap. And now this!!!! Amazing service and respect for their customers.. love fractal more and more :);

That’s awesome. I’d love to hear your thoughts on what you like better about the Axe vs the Kemper? There is always so much talk from Kemper users thinking that it’s better than Fractal and Helix.

Back
Top Bottom