Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Thanks so much Cliff! Your hard work will never go unappreciated! I did an A/B test between ares 1.03 and 2.0 and I found 2.0 to sound a bit tighter and clearer sounding. It's certainly an improvement on my existing presets, and I don't have to redial things in!

Last edited:
Also -- you can use the AustinBuddy 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack made for ARES1.03 (three recently updated banks) with ARES 2.0.

It may sound a little different tonally - stronger bottom end for example, but it still kicks butt and feels and responds even more like real amps (who knew that was even possible?).

I will see about tweaking that recent Axe-Fx II Dream Rigs update for this great firmware ARES 2.0, but having just spent several weekends tweaking it for a 1.03 update, I need to finish a few other things in the queue first. So thanks for being patient!

Last edited:
I have no idea how this was done. I assumed it would be a minor incremental improvement. I'm not a guy that's been overly attached to the whole 'amp in the room' thing. It's a nice feeling, but truly, boiled down, wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things for me.

Whatever Cliff did with this, it has changed that 'feel' for sure. There is just something almost tangible about the difference in the sounds coming out of my FRFR now. I am stoked. Just one more thing that'll ease the wait to til I can afford to get the Axe FX III.

Thanks!

I have no idea how this was done. I assumed it would be a minor incremental improvement. I'm not a guy that's been overly attached to the whole 'amp in the room' thing. It's a nice feeling, but truly, boiled down, wasn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things for me.

Whatever Cliff did with this, it has changed that 'feel' for sure. There is just something almost tangible about the difference in the sounds coming out of my FRFR now. I am stoked. Just one more thing that'll ease the wait to til I can afford to get the Axe FX III.

Thanks!
Yep - I am noticing it too. The Power Amp is right on the money. It's chewier I guess, not sure of the right word. But I like it and think it is even more realistic to real amp feel than ever.

How awesome is that!

Yep - I am noticing it too. The Power Amp is right on the money. It's chewier I guess, not sure of the right word. But I like it and think it is even more realistic to real amp feel than ever.

How awesome is that!

I can support that explanation. Chewy. Works for me, lol

Back
Top Bottom