• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Rain

Power User
Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes
*** Ares 2.00
This firmware incorporates some of the amp modeling improvements from the latest Axe-Fx III firmware.

Grassy-Ass.. I'll be installing it on my XL Back-Up Rig

RODOLFOPELAIZ

Inspired
Thanks for the firmware update, I have downloaded and installed it, I can't find the improvements, can you specify which ones? , since the firmware notes are very general

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
Thanks Fractal. This is an unexpected surprise! And I was planning on playing guitar all day today anyways.

mrechtien

Do whatever update you want for my mighty AFX2, that won't keep me from getting a FM3 !!! 🤣
Thank you guys at Fractal!

After playing it at a 6hr gig yesterday I can say: more (improvement) than I expected - more compact (low end definition), more dynamic, maybe even better high end (less harsh!?) ... more fun! I hope this is not just perception?! 🙃 Didn't do any tweaking after the upgrade.

Last edited:

Solarfire

Experienced
Look @ cliff go he’s on a roll here, I got the III (had everything since the II) but it’s just awesome that the II is still getting these occasional updates.

Thanks Cliff!

Top Bottom