Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Ares 1.03 sounds great. And I just realized i haven't tried reseting the amps. I wonder if the tone will change...
BTW - I imagine the naked amps from Quantum 10xx aren't going to need much if any tweaking, right?

The thing i like the most about the naked amps presets is the organization and labeling, and cab matching as a starting point. I usually end up brightening it up but i bet that's due to the low levels i'm working at right now. However, all the 'metal' presets i have DLed from fractal pages are a lot leaner and brighter, so i guess i'll have to turn it up now to gauge it.

So A1.03 sounds and feels better than Q10.xx. The crunchy chord presets sound crisp-er even into saturation. I seem to need to roll off less bass. :)

Hi all,

such a great update ! as always thanks a lot FAS for that awesome service.
Tried many amps and all sound glorious...
.. except one that I found the behavior weird: the HBEC45: the gain structure is really thin on a one side, on another side the bottom end is lacking... weird... BEC45 is glorious, ballsy, fat, clear, and the HBEC45 is kind of anemic comparing...

Anyone experience that ?
PS: of course did all the complete reset of the amp many times (Ctl+I), to have a clean presets too I rebuilt from scratch... nothing solves.

Hi all,

such a great update ! as always thanks a lot FAS for that awesome service.
Tried many amps and all sound glorious...
.. except one that I found the behavior weird: the HBEC45: the gain structure is really thin on a one side, on another side the bottom end is lacking... weird... BEC45 is glorious, ballsy, fat, clear, and the HBEC45 is kind of anemic comparing...

Anyone experience that ?
PS: of course did all the complete reset of the amp many times (Ctl+I), to have a clean presets too I rebuilt from scratch... nothing solves.

Sounds fine to me. Probably a bit brighter than the BEC45

hmm ok... I clearly found it lacks the "thump" in the bottom end as the BE C45. Find it "weak" compared to other HBE models.

hmm ok... I clearly found it lacks the "thump" in the bottom end as the BE C45. Find it "weak" compared to other HBE models.

I think that's just the sound of the amp, kind of reminds me of a jmp-1. I really have no idea though. I do agree it kinda has a thin anemic sound to it. I find this can work in some mixes though, at least for me.

ok ok guys thanks for your replies.
So ... so many other great amps...
Im delighting with the FAS models: huge with the A1.03

I have Axe Edit for the III, II,and Ultra all running simultaneously. I had no problems. Try installing the Ultra version in a folder other than the default.

The next time a new Axe Edit is offered for the XL+ and it deletes the Axe Edit for the Ultra then I'll try installing it to a new folder other than default.

However, I had ALL the Axe Edits installed before the latest run of Ares updates for the XL+ and the Axe Edit for the Ultra was never deleted before when I did any Axe Edits updates, so I thought I should mention it here just in case any of the Admin are reading through these posts since this issue for "me" seems to be something that could be easily fixed by them.

And thanks for the suggestion about the different folder :)

There are a lot of John Petrucci fun here. If only the last firmware included JP2C+ amp, but unfortunatly it doesn't.

I preferred jp2c + compared to skull crusher (although it is an amp that plays very well).

I hope for a last cliff surprise :grin:

It's definitely the Petrucci sound!! :D if Cliff add this amp in the axe FX 2 , the Axe FX 2 is definitely complete!! :)
in these years I have tried to replicate the Petrucci sound in all ways. with this amp everything will be easier..I hope he listen us :rolleyes::D

I love JP2C+ amp, for me the best one that has been manufactured in recent years.

I expect Cliff to make one last effort, I would be willing to pay for it even.

Back
Top Bottom