Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Doing a comparison of presets I noticed that the mids have been scooped out completely and everything is very bright.
Even adjusting I can't match the middlerange of other versions.

i gigged over the weekend and didn't notice this at all. i always record my patches so i can compare the old versions with the new and didn't notice a significant change there either. like you, i copied x to y and reset x, but i didn't mess with the cathode stuff, as that seems to have new default values. to my ears, it's clearer with better note separation. the fenders are more "bouncy" and the marshalls have more "texture". the low end thunk, or "bonk" you get when palm muting is more pronounced. there is a tiny amount of increase in the top end, but i'm not sure this is really down to more clarity elsewhere. this firmware might affect some amps more than others though...

Couldn't resist to do the update knowing that I won't have a real chance to check the levels before the gig on Friday. :D
So far I'm really impressed hoe I can hear a difference at a little more than bedroom level. Nice top end and some extra ooompf even with reduced gain. I like! :hearteyes:
Can't wait to check at full volume. :cool:

Started back playing this year after an almost 5 years hiatus

I had put in the latest quantum earlier this year and thought it was mighty fine

I loaded this last night and HOLY DIGITAL TUBE - THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!

This sounds SO much more tight and expressive and clear! I've always struggled with the lower end response in the axe, and this solves EVERYTHING! No tweaking at ALL, every single amp I've tried sounds AMAZING and FEELS right! It really is the best firmware ever!!

Thank you SOOOOOOOO much for this final sendoff for the 2 Cliff and pFAS! I have a 3 incoming in a couple days - I believe in you guys and your incredible and unprecedented advances so far, and too notch customer service and support!

I have never been a fanboy of anything, but you've definitely made a fanboy out of me!

I've never seen a company give support like this for existing products, far less for EOL ones! You guys rock!!!!

i gigged over the weekend and didn't notice this at all. i always record my patches so i can compare the old versions with the new and didn't notice a significant change there either. like you, i copied x to y and reset x, but i didn't mess with the cathode stuff, as that seems to have new default values. to my ears, it's clearer with better note separation. the fenders are more "bouncy" and the marshalls have more "texture". the low end thunk, or "bonk" you get when palm muting is more pronounced. there is a tiny amount of increase in the top end, but i'm not sure this is really down to more clarity elsewhere. this firmware might affect some amps more than others though...

Hello, Simeon! :)

I was able to adjust. I found the parameters that make the difference.
Thank you for support!

Don't know if it's just my update but all the plexi amps sound horrendous.
I did not experience this, and I use several. A bit brighter and clearer, note separation, slight gain increases, yes... but in a good way. That’s what I got. I run thru a solid state amp & a guitar cab. The only tweaking I’ve done to one of my patches was with a Mesa preset I use... that one had the biggest tonal change with ARES 1.03. I gigged with the new firmware twice last weekend... sounded great to me. Definitely cut thru the mix without getting in the way of other instruments. I might tweak a couple of things here and there, but nothing much. Love the new firmware.

This is just 3 of the plexi models.

Are those old patches on the new firmware? Or did you just amp cab a new preset?
It sounds like the kinda distortion I get when I turn a compressor output volume up really loud into the front of an amp block.

Are those old patches on the new firmware? Or did you just amp cab a new preset?
It sounds like the kinda distortion I get when I turn a compressor output volume up really loud into the front of an amp block.

It's my own preset. usually I use a Friedman and they sound ok, but thought i'd try some other amps out and that was the result.

Do you have any of the dynamic controls turned way up by chance?
Is the global power amp modeling turned off?

No it's as the amps are when you first load em in, I never really tweak any other settings. Also power amp modelling is on.

Back
Top Bottom