Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Is this 'only' with Axe Manage? Not when saving presets with 'save on another preset number' (or something along that line) ?

Hope this gets solved since I am scared to loose my presets now.

I only tried axe manage. Exporting presets also exported a blank patch, so I’m guessing it’s a problem with the ‘save’ function. I would just save from the front panel to be safe.

I don’t really want to go back into it to check since other patches I didn’t move started disappearing from the list of patches, but when I pulled the USB, those ones I didn’t move were still there in the axe FX.

Just tried myself as well. Copying preset in Axe Manage makes the preset disappear. Even just creating two empty presents and swapping them (created and A and B preset for testing) and ended up having two A presets!. Never had this issue before.
Hopefully @Michael Pickens will fixe it.

I think that FW 1.03 reset (I/O - Midi) Display offse, i had it on 1
I made a preset with 1.02 saved it on 113 and when i got FW 1.03 loaded the, preset was now at preset 112

Last edited:
Something wrong with Midi ? In axe - edit i import preset "a" and it displays preset "b" !

Last edited:
Just tested Ares 1.03 with some amps. My fave amp is still the Engl Savage 1 ..and it even sounds better now. I don't like the Skull Crusher so far...but to my surprise I fell in love with the 5153 Red.

Thank you, Cliff & your awesome team for the best customer support ever.

Just tested Ares 1.03 with some amps. My fave amp is still the Engl Savage 1 ..and it even sounds better now. I don't like the Skull Crusher so far...but to my surprise I fell in love with the 5153 Red.

Thank you, Cliff & your awesome team for the best customer support ever.

Savage2 is my go-to for brutal/technical stuff. I love the 1 for a more spongey lead tone or something a tad bit softer on big open riffs. I'm curious how you would compare the skull crusher to the engl models, been trying to search the forum but having a hard time finding anything beyond short 'awesome!!' comments in the firmware threads. I won't have a chance to update my axe for another week or so and the not-knowing is killing me haha.

New Axe Edit Preset Tool does not move presets. Presets appear in green text after hitting “Save” as if successful, but presets never change location on Axe Fx II XL+. This happened with Quantum and new Ares firmware update. Seems to be an issue with 3.14.4 :veryconfused::frowning:

New Axe Edit Preset Tool does not move presets. Presets appear in green text after hitting “Save” as if successful, but presets never change location on Axe Fx II XL+. This happened with Quantum and new Ares firmware update. Seems to be an issue with 3.14.4 :veryconfused::frowning:
The issue has been identified and a new Axe-Edit will be available on Monday.

Hello everyone
Since the AX8 has followed the FXII with the QUANTUM 10.01 update, will there be an ARES update for the AX8?

Running a sine wave test tone from synth block into a UAudio console, have confirmed there is a -3 db differential in signal output between the XLRs' on the back (hit -21) of the Axe-Fx II with the Output Level 1 knob maxxed out, and the S/PDIF digital output (hits -18).

Something to be aware of...

Hi all! I have installed ares 1.02. Has anyone tested ares 1.03 well? It works well? Some bugs? regards

I did yesterday from Quantum 10.01. I've been working on some presets comparison between these two firmwares. I've just recorded a DI guitar and got both results side by side. However, I didn't tweak my presets too much to notice any issue with the 1.03 but I took some screenshots from CPU usage and notice a little increase on the most of my presets of 1% or 2%.

One related a bug on ares 1.02 setting CF Hardness to 0. For me, this issue didn't happen.

By the way, the boot is 1 sec faster than Quantum firmware. I don't know why... but it's good. I mean, for me it was already fast, like 6 seconds.

Thank you for your answer, I searched and found nothing. I'm on XL +, it's for my guitarist.
I am new and a little lost on the forum.
I will still search

Nice one cliff.
Happy to see this bug fixed so soon.
I was worried that might just be how it’s going to be.
Thanks

[QUOTE = "FractalAudio, article: 1769017, membre: 7762"] Le problème a été identifié et un nouvel Axe-Edit sera disponible lundi. [/ QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom