Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

I’m not sure if the cathode follower updates are the sole reason for this, or maybe some of the other more recent Ares changes, but this firmware is a real game-changer for me. So many amps I haven’t got along with in the past, sound great now.

I can get the right kind of feel and punch out of the Recto. The Diezel models are also tight and punchy now, where in the past they’ve had this kind of ‘explodey’ feel on palm mutes that I didn’t like.

I’m gonna have to take a run at some of the other models over this weekend. So glad we’ve ended the updates on such a high note, thanks again Cliff.

Where did you find NEW Axe-edit ? As I know, it hasn't been produced yet

It was a pop-up for me when I opened axe edit, asking me to update. Probably the version Yek linked.

Front panel editing and moving of patches is working fine, so I’ll stick to that for now.

I am on windows 7 and I have never had a problem with axe edit till now. When I moved two presets they were deleted.

An ARES 1.03 observation worth noting.

I level my presets in S/PDIF at around -12db. This afternoon I installed ARES 1.03 and did full amp resets (using FracTool) across my 1000+ Dream Rigs Tonepack for XL.

I have two inputs into my UAudio Console -- on is Mono from the XL's left XLR output ( with incoming signal level controlled by Output Level 1 knob on front XL panel), and the other incoming signal is the XL's S/PDIF in which is not adjustable by knobs (I use Amp level controls it and set levels to -12db).

If you guys use your XLR Outputs with my presets or Fractal Factory presets, you may find you have to max out the front Output1 knob to get the signal to reach -12db/match the digital (S/PDIF) signal now. Not sure that was always the case? In the past Output1 knob at 11:30 or 12:00 with XLR input would mirror/match the S/PDIF version of the same signal. When I made the YouTube video on How to Level/Gain Stage presets that was the case -- apparently not any more.

Just an FYI/something I noticed...
Maybe the output nominal level in the global settings has been changed to be -10dB?

For some time, I have been having issues with an odd preset disappearing after moving it. It is sporadic, however.

Guys, I am getting a major difference in both tone and volume going S/PDIF in to console versus XLR into console. Is anybody else noticing this?

I just rolled back to q10 to do a comparison test with 1.03. Overall the feel is much superior in 1.03. I found my presets a little bit darker and mushier sounding in q10. I didn't find it to be a major night and day difference, but noticeable. IMO I feel like 1.03 makes my q10 presets sound a little bit better and more 3d sounding without any tweaking.

I am on windows 7 and I have never had a problem with axe edit till now. When I moved two presets they were deleted.

Losing presets when moving them with axe edit is a horrible bug. Yikes.

For some time, I have been having issues with an odd preset disappearing after moving it. It is sporadic, however.

Is this issue with both cut and paste AND drag and drop methods?
I’m still on previous axe edit as I need to have a major sort out of all my presets sometime, so this bug would be a concern for me.

Is this issue with both cut and paste AND drag and drop methods?
I’m still on previous axe edit as I need to have a major sort out of all my presets sometime, so this bug would be a concern for me.

You might be better off sticking with the previous axe edit.

I downloaded the new axe edit (as I was prompted when I opened it) and it deleted a bunch of my patches when I tried to move stuff around. Also the backups it saved were all blank patches.

Be warned.

Is this 'only' with Axe Manage? Not when saving presets with 'save on another preset number' (or something along that line) ?

Hope this gets solved since I am scared to loose my presets now.

Back
Top Bottom