Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Merci beaucoup pour l'information. J'ai effectivement vu sur le forum qu'en passant par AXA manage les presets disparaissaient.

Kudos to all at Fractal! Thanks for all of your hard work. Your dedication to your craft is inspirational! I can't wait to update to the III and get back on the update carousel!
Woot!!!

I have to admit I'm very impressed that a product is still getting updates eight years after its release. You could say "Fractal: fighting consumerism by keeping existing products relevant". Interesting technical challenge to be sure but at a certain point there wouldn't be any more memory with which to make changes to. Congrats!

You’re a true perfectionist Cliff, many thanks!

So after reading posts about the bug in AxeEdit ... Would it be best to stay away from Axe Manage presets using AxeEdit? Is changing preset locations is okay just using the Axe II by itself? (I haven’t tried yet)

This would be an AxeEdit bug .. yes? I installed the latest version.

I downloaded the new axe edit (as I was prompted when I opened it) and it deleted a bunch of my patches when I tried to move stuff around. Also the backups it saved were all blank patches.

Be warned.

I'm still mystified if I need to soft reset amp or no. All my preset were made after Q8 firmware

You don't have to be mystified, just do a little homework before updating.
  1. Check which firmware is installed on your unit.
  2. Go through the firmware release notes and see if it recommends resetting the amp block for any firmware version that's more recent than your current version.

An ARES 1.03 observation worth noting.

I level my presets in S/PDIF at around -12db. This afternoon I installed ARES 1.03 and did full amp resets (using FracTool) across my 1000+ Dream Rigs Tonepack for XL.

I have two inputs into my UAudio Console -- on is Mono from the XL's left XLR output ( with incoming signal level controlled by Output Level 1 knob on front XL panel), and the other incoming signal is the XL's S/PDIF in which is not adjustable by knobs (I use Amp level controls it and set levels to -12db).

If you guys use your XLR Outputs with my presets or Fractal Factory presets, you may find you have to max out the front Output1 knob to get the signal to reach -12db/match the digital (S/PDIF) signal now. Not sure that was always the case? In the past Output1 knob at 11:30 or 12:00 with XLR input would mirror/match the S/PDIF version of the same signal. When I made the YouTube video on How to Level/Gain Stage presets that was the case -- apparently not any more.

Just an FYI/something I noticed...

You don't have to be mystified, just do a little homework before updating.
  1. Check which firmware is installed on your unit.
  2. Go through the firmware release notes and see if it recommends resetting the amp block for any firmware version that's more recent than your current version.

Only amp block or another blocks also?

I have to do it in all the presets if i use same amp?

Last edited:
Yep, I have XL and windows 10 and I have the axe edit bug. I decided to test it. Loud squeels after moving a patch to a different slot. And after reboot of XL the patch is gone (both from original position and the new position).

I would like to add that in 3 years I never had a problem before with axe edit. So its definitely in the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom