Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

When Jumping from quantum 10 something to Ares latest, are there any major things I should tweak if I want to keep my presets? I feel IM losing some volume somewhere, and it's a bit muddier.

Odd, I had no trouble downloading the new firmware, got to check audio in a bit, but once I installed 1.03 and the latest Axe edit, they won't connect?

I don't really use axe-edit regularly, so as long as everything else is working nicely, I guess I'll just keep adjusting from the front panel, but first time I've ever had any issue at all and I'm assuming a bug like that would be reported already.

It's an XL, running Aries 1.03, reinstalled the USB drivers, though I think mine must have been the latest, as I bought it after they were last updated, latest Axe Edit from the link in here too. Maybe just a bad USB port on the machine it's plugged into?

Axe Edit is saying "the version information could not be queried". I tried unselecting and reselecting the ports.

Axe Edit is saying "the version information could not be queried". I tried unselecting and reselecting the ports.

Also getting this message:
"Communications time-out.
Axe-Edit was unable to complete the following communications request: initialization: get_all_patch_names"

Weird. After updating i went to one of the factory plexi 50w presets, did a soft reset by flicking forth and back to the amp model and it sounded glorious. Maybe try the same thing?

No it's as the amps are when you first load em in, I never really tweak any other settings. Also power amp modelling is on.

Ok new finding. I copied everything exact from old x to new y, the new y was a soft reset OF THE EXACT AMP AND ALL SETTINGS using the newest axe edit (not front of axe). So I do like the Ares better I think vs placebo. Is this possible? Are their built in nuances/deep code/settings that either are not on axe edit or not changeable by us?

HERE IS THE KICKER: THE cpu is 1% more on the Ares vs quantum same settings? Any help would be great!

Weird. After updating i went to one of the factory plexi 50w presets, did a soft reset by flicking forth and back to the amp model and it sounded glorious. Maybe try the same thing?
Wow I just tried the plexi presets like you said and just wow they do sound glorious.

Try this: from a blank preset, add
amp: Plexi 100W Jump
Treble Drive 3.5, Bass 2, Mid 8, Treble 6, Presence 2.5
cab: F057
Low cut 150Hz, High cut 7000Hz

Does it still sound like a fat dude breaking wind?

Yeah it still sounds bad, this is your settings and then I switch amp to a friedman using the same cab.

Yeah it still sounds bad, this is your settings and then I switch amp to a friedman using the same cab.

The Friedman sounds just as bad in that recording. The only way I make mine sound like that is to run direct with cabinet modelling off. Like Chris said, check your global settings.

The friedman setting is no where near as flubby and shit as the plexi, that is just a quick demo to compare, no Eq of the friedman and it sounds better.

The Friedman sounds just as bad in that recording. The only way I make mine sound like that is to run direct with cabinet modelling off. Like Chris said, check your global settings.

So this is a clip from the same settings you sent me but going back to quantum 9.02. There is definitely something massively different in the latest update.

Okay, I'm stumped. Your 9.02 clip sounds off to me too...

I'm half tempted to sign up for a Soundcloud account so I can post some clips. I tried the settings I posted with three different guitars....a strat, a G&L tele, and an ESP Les Paul-ish thing. Obviously they sounded very different but acceptable across the board. (The tele really blew me away with those settings.)

Sorry. I tried.

So I downloaded the zip file and updated that way rather than letting fractal bot do it and that has made a big difference.

Holy crapoli - I was just messing around with a few amps I never use - came across the ODS 100 Ford 1- Wow - I did nothing to the amp and it sounds amazing with all the defaults.
I am so stoked on this amp now - I may be changing my main amp from the Solo 100 to this.
Huge improvement I think over quantum for this amp.
Many thanks again Cliff and company!!

Holy crapoli - I was just messing around with a few amps I never use - came across the ODS 100 Ford 1- Wow - I did nothing to the amp and it sounds amazing with all the defaults.
I am so stoked on this amp now - I may be changing my main amp from the Solo 100 to this.
Huge improvement I think over quantum for this amp.
Many thanks again Cliff and company!!

I noticed this as well. :)

Wondering whats happening with the bass amps in the new ares firmware for axe 2? There is crazy output happening for some reason only on bass presets. I've tried 3 different bass guitars and lots of presets, and its the same. There is no issue with the guitar amps it seems... This only started occurring once I updated the firmware...

Wondering whats happening with the bass amps in the new ares firmware for axe 2? There is crazy output happening for some reason only on bass presets. I've tried 3 different bass guitars and lots of presets, and its the same. There is no issue with the guitar amps it seems... This only started occurring once I updated the firmware...

It's been covered in this thread. You can adjust the volume with the VU meter.

Back
Top Bottom