Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.03 Firmware Release

Seems odd that the official AxeFx II XL+ downloads section still has factory preset banks dated back to 2017 "Factory preset banks for Quantum 8.02 or later." So is there not a drastic change from Q8.02 to current firmware? If so, what are the main targets/block sections I should look to having to tweak on my custom presets before I jump down the rabbit hole? Thank you so much for your time.

Good morning. I've been away for a while. Have XL+ with Quantum 8.02 currently on it. Can anyone confirm I can update directly to this new firmware or must some other version be installed prior? Thank you kindly for your time and confirmation. Regards.

You can go right to Ares.

There is definitely quite a difference in the last firmware but I don't think we will see another preset update for the axe fx 2. The latest and final firmware was a port from the axe fx 3 and my ears like it much better than anything previous. Some day it's perfect right out of the box but I have had to make slight increase and decreases in gain on some patches but nothing drastic.

Paul

Are the tweaks that everyone is mentioning will be needed to existing patches only applicable to the amp block, or is tweaking needed for the drive blocks, EQs, and the rest of the effects as well? All the comments seem to be amp related only unless I skimmed too quickly.

I am about to dust off my Axe Fx II after a couple year hiatus, update to the last Quantum firmware, and buy some Quantum based presets (Austin Buddy Dream Rigs and ML Sound Lab) so I can shortcut my way to great starting amp tones and get to rocking ASAP. I was hoping to eventually update to Ares once these presets are compatible. My concern is going through all of the effort of setting up my effects in Quantum and then having to redo those after the Ares update later on. I am less worried about the amp tweaking with my plan.

Are the tweaks that everyone is mentioning will be needed to existing patches only applicable to the amp block, or is tweaking needed for the drive blocks, EQs, and the rest of the effects as well? All the comments seem to be amp related only unless I skimmed too quickly.

I am about to dust off my Axe Fx II after a couple year hiatus, update to the last Quantum firmware, and buy some Quantum based presets (Austin Buddy Dream Rigs and ML Sound Lab) so I can shortcut my way to great starting amp tones and get to rocking ASAP. I was hoping to eventually update to Ares once these presets are compatible. My concern is going through all of the effort of setting up my effects in Quantum and then having to redo those after the Ares update later on. I am less worried about the amp tweaking with my plan.
You may buy the Austin Buddy Dream Rigs are amazing but the firmware are to Quantum 10.01... But it sound good.

Tiger1016, if you go from Quantum to Ares you will need to tweak the amps yes. Not the other blocks that I noticed. The amp block though....you'll be spending some time there possibly.

Ares is the best so far but when I installed it the rotary or tremolo seemed to be on almost every patch, I had to use fractool to turn it off in all the patches, but my axe 2 has never sounded so good.

Back
Top Bottom