Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the Presence bug, also. Every amp I've checked so far (JMPre-1 OD1 BS, 5153 Red 100w, a couple others) the tone gets darker as the Presence knob goes up. When it reaches 100%, it's very muffled.

I've tried switching the amp model in the block, "Reset Block", "Reset Current Effect Type" and I still have the issue. Also tried Axe Edit > Settings > Refresh After New FW

Last edited:
Axe Edit still shows Quantum 11.00 - Is that what its supposed to show?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 4.37.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 4.37.14 PM.png
    190.7 KB · Views: 16
Just to make sure that the presence issue doesn't have to do with any existing presets, I started a new patch with just an amp and a cab. I also confirm that with every amp I tried, from 8.0 to 10.0 the presence control seems to work in reverse, taking away brightness rather than adding it.

Just to make sure that the presence issue doesn't have to do with any existing presets, I started a new patch with just an amp and a cab. I also confirm that with every amp I tried, from 8.0 to 10.0 the presence control seems to work in reverse, taking away brightness rather than adding it.

We have the ability to have a *negative* negative feedback cap value!

Only in software baby!

Went to my bass patch and the Axe Fx crashed but it seems ok now.
Recorded some bass using the exact same settings as was in my original patch and I think i'm back to good.
turns out I didn't have it too far off when i was trying to make the new model sound like the old one....

What a gorgeous bass sound!!!! Could you please share the bass preset?

Hi,
after updating my axe doesn't receive MIDI from my sequencer. Worked like a charm yesterday, same project(s), nothings changed since last opening them. Anyone running into the same problem?
Sounds superb though! Thank you for thats!
Chris

I think I found a bug (Mark 1)
Turn the Presence way up. What happens? The sound gets dull. I haven't tested all amps, but looks like those who have a High Cut instead aren't affected, all others are. It gets brighter to about 8, then going up to 10 it gets duller.
Same here, testing the Plexi 100W High and Friedmann 2018. Maybe all amps?

Last edited:
Thats the amp I use, reset like picking another amp then back to Friedmann?
If thats how you reset, do I need to redo my tone all over again?
Like Cliff told use - switch to another and back with the ampselection. You can copy first x - y and you will see the changes on the dynamicpage. I prefer a hard reset in Axe Edit and dial in with fresh ears in the amp. Sometimes the old settings sound doesnt got with a new firmware.

Hi,
after updating my axe doesn't receive MIDI from my sequencer. Worked like a charm yesterday, same project(s), nothings changed since last opening them. Anyone running into the same problem?
Sounds superb though! Thank you for thats!
Chris
Anyone else?

Suppose I´m doing something stupid here but the download link isn´t working for me. Takes me to the official fractal audio system website where you only can download Ares v1.00.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom