Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.01 Firmware Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
SV Bass 2 seems like the old one so you'll have to be careful transferring your settings over.
Now going to test record

Story of the Sv Bass models
FW 2.05 for Axe Fx III (this was only the NEW model of the 1970 SV Bass,and out with the Old one)
Reworked SV Bass amp model. Model is now based on a 1970 Ampeg SVT with 6550 power tubes and the midrange switch in position 3.

FW 4.00 for Axe Fx III
Added SV Bass 1 amp model. (Old one) This is the original SV Bass model prior to the change in 2.05.
The new SV Bass model added at 2.05 has been renamed SV Bass 2 (model of the 1970 SV Bass,the one from fw 2.05)

I think the Old model is WAY too loud at default ! So with old presets, (be careful ! )

Thank you Cliff!!!

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes:
Ares 1.01
Ported most of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III. NOTE: To make space for the required additional code, support for presets created prior to Quantum 7.00 has been removed. While these presets will load certain parameters may not initialize correctly. Be sure to audition any presets created before Quantum7.00. It is also recommended to do a “soft reset” of the Amp block on these presets by deselecting and then reselecting the model.

Ares 1.00
This firmware is a partial port of the “Ares” modeling used in the Axe-Fx III. Not all aspects of the Ares modeling were able to be ported but the most important parts were and the amp modeling should sound very similar.

Fixed background tone in some amp models due to uninitialized variable.
Fixed Friedman 2018 amp model bug.
Added Plexi 2204 amp model.

Can anyone elaborate on this? I am confused.

Three cheers to Cliff! ChuggaChuggaBong!
ChuggaChuggaBong!
ChuggaChuggaBong!

Thanks so much for such a great gift. I can't wait to dig into it. I wonder if the Scull Crusher made it. Either way I couldn't be happier.

Looking forward to playing around with this later!

Thank you Cliff and Fractal Audio team! I loved the Axe FX 2 the first day I strummed a chord through it. To receive all of these incredible updates 3 years afterwards to make it sound even more realistic is a dream come true. Hands down the best music purchase I've ever made!

Can anyone elaborate on this? I am confused.
If you have a non-Factory preset that you created with a firmware earlier than Quantum 7.00, it will not work properly with this latest firmware until you follow the instructions provided. Go to your preset, click on the amp block, change the amp model to something else, and then switch it back to your preferred model. This will load in the new settings for the new firmware.

Ares 1.01
Ported most of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III.

Has it been possible to introduce the latest Ax FX III 5.0 new Amp block cathode follower?

Love bong of Herbert.

Is Skull Crusher named something else? not seeing it after updating...
It's named Skull Crusher.
One thing I noticed is that AXE Edit didn't update the blocks automatically when I opened it after the update. I had to update it manually before I could see the Skull Crusher model there.

Went to my bass patch and the Axe Fx crashed but it seems ok now.
Recorded some bass using the exact same settings as was in my original patch and I think i'm back to good.
turns out I didn't have it too far off when i was trying to make the new model sound like the old one....

Thank you very much Cliff!! I’ll update later today. I was waiting for the final version to come out. Looking forward to hearing the new mojo everyone’s been talking about!

I’m very happy knowing I have the best guitar processor on the planet, and I’ll definitely enjoy it for years! Even after I hope to get a III one day, I’m keeping the II... maybe sell the Ultra (which is still great, and I use for rehearsals)

FAS rules!!

Must go home to got this new realese. That’s the firmware Ares 1.01?
Thanks Cliff again for your support... Now must buy the Axe lll... Someday.

I had a case of FOMO there. Yep, I see skull crusher now. Gonna test my presets out now. Good times to follow

Thanks a lot to Cliff and Team for this last firmware.

Just installed, sounded to me with MK II C++ smoother an the Highs, the bass frequences tighter, good audible when I add a FAS Boost. Makes a lot of fun!

there were significant changes an the Dynamics page with Preamp CF - the reason for the more smooth sound?

I made a screenshot before and after reset the Ampblock:

Attachments

• Vox Ares 1.0.png
    Vox Ares 1.0.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Vox Ares 1.01 Block reset.png
    Vox Ares 1.01 Block reset.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 61
Hmmm..
I get a few problems with some of my USER Ir`s with Stereo UltraRes Cab (never had this happen before)

Could this be a Ir alignment Thing ??

It's named Skull Crusher.
One thing I noticed is that AXE Edit didn't update the blocks automatically when I opened it after the update. I had to update it manually before I could see the Skull Crusher model there.
Also Axe-Edit still shows Quantum 11.00 instead of 11.01. Not really important, but that could be why it doesn't update the blocks, because it doesn't see it as a new firmware version.

Cliff, it was an honor! Maybe we'll meet again with the III. And now I'll crush my skull :sunglasses:

Very cool, I thought that was it after the last one but this is very much appreciated!

I’ll have to wait until tomorrow after work to try it out, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom