Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

What does the `Axe-Fx III FW. 5.0 ` say ?

Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
And mouse goes "squeek"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
And the elephant goes "toot"
Ducks say "quack"
And fish go "blub"
And the seal goes "ow ow ow"

But there's one sound..
That no one knows !
What does the Axe-Fx III say?

bong, bong, bong, chug.... bong, bong, bong, chug....
bong, bong, bong, chug.... bong, bong, bong, chug....BOOM !

LOL ;)

I'll have a glass of whatever he's been drinking please...

I think of the last firmware more as the Axe-II finally coming of age.

This is how I see it - as a mature/finished product. I enjoyed this aspect of the Ultra's EOL. The last firmware release (v11.0), like Ares v1.0, included as much of the then new AxeFX II's modeling algorithms as would fit. The result was a solid leap forward and a great way to complete the Standard/Ultra series units.

As fun as the regular firmware updates can be there's definitely something to be said for stability and consistency. As was the case with the AxeFX Ultra -> AxeFX II upgrade it'll be a while before I upgrade to the III. I plan on enjoying the matured AxeFX II for a good while before I trade up to the III.

What a great time to be a guitar player!

I was a little shock to hear changes to the patches I really liked. That feelng slowly subsided the more I got used to the new sound. More importantly, the new FW really opens up amps I previously did not care much for.

Not a frequent visitor to the forum but felt the need to chime in!!
I finished tracking for my next cd so I decided it would be a good time to upgrade.
WOW!! This update has opened up MANY amp selections that I could not previously consider as usable.
It's a gift from the amp gods.
Time to reevaluate my current choices...I'm tempted to re-track some parts!!
New found love for my Fractal!!
Thank you Fractal!!!!!!!

Even if there are some bug fixes, can we still call it Ares 1.00 please? My ocd can't cope with ending on 1.01

I'm afraid it's a bit belated, but thank you very much, Cliff. I was really happy when this came out, as I had thought there would be no updates for II after III.

Hi. I'm new to this forum as I just picked up a used XL+. I've purchased a load of presets from Moke, Fremen, etc.. so I'm a bit nervous to upgrade to Ares 1.0 as I don't want to have to go through 768 presets I barely finished selecting and organizing.. Did most people notice a big change in how those presets sound after the upgrade? Do you need to reselect Amps? Do a lot of tweaking? Thx a bunch for your help (and sorry I'm chiming in late here..). Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom