Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

THANK YOU CLIFF.
The beta scared me a bit with some of the cleaner Class A amps not sounding quite right, but this sounds absolutely beautiful. Couldn't have asked for more, nor did I. Helix owners just wouldn't understand.

Yes, as long as you are not already using Output 2. Use the 'FxLoop' block in your signal chain. Then 'Output 2' and 'Input 2' become your effects loop.
Thanks MOKE for the info. I am unfortunately using Output 2 to FOH direct. Thanx again, though!

Thanks MOKE for the info. I am unfortunately using Output 2 to FOH direct. Thanx again, though!
Okay, Output 1 is going to a real Cab? Or FRFR? Do Output 1 and/or 2 need to be in stereo? There might still be a way?

PM me if you want to talk some more.

I've finally installed Ares 1.0, and still feel the ac30tb sounds a little hotter than 10.01. No big deal, I already adjusted my main global block using that amp (probably 97% of my presets), but I had to point that out!
After fixing the Class A bug - I think the AC 30 and AC 20 are the best sounding amps in this firmware. Perfect tonebalance with good IR´s.

Other amps have changed - less High end in the Fender and Marshall-type amps. have noticed this after playing two gigs with the final firmware.Some say this is more like the real amps? Can´t compare....

I have a feeling if he did this, it would turn into a never-ending "one more request" situation from everyone in creation. Gotta put the nail in the coffin sometime.
Haha, ENCORE Cliff! One more amp! One more amp!

Seriously, much appreciated on the support of this product. Everything sounding and feeling great. No question if I'd buy the Axe FX III, or IV....

Then what are you using Output 1 for?...
My bad, Output 1 L & R are going to the Console FOH, and Output 2 L & R are going Stereo to a Matrix GT 800FX to a Marshall 1960 Lead Cabinet (Left) and Mesa Boogie Traditional Slant Cab (Right). Therefore I have no more Inputs or outputs to configure with. Thanks anyway guys!

My bad, Output 1 L & R are going to the Console FOH, and Output 2 L & R are going Stereo to a Matrix GT 800FX to a Marshall 1960 Lead Cabinet (Left) and Mesa Boogie Traditional Slant Cab (Right). Therefore I have no more Inputs or outputs to configure with. Thanks anyway guys!

Well, I'd say that going stereo during a gig really is not necesary.
Imagine a small pub. People who are not in the middle, hear only half of your sound. So why not sum the stereo so they would hear it all evenly?
Imagine a big stadium: Where does Stereo come in here at all?

i've ditched going stereo with guitar, and that simplified a lot of things. Live setup is far easier. Giving the sound guy one cable is far easier than two. And now I can use only my Axe FX 2 to connect two guitars, send both guitars to foh, have a single real cab, and even connect a mic.

You may have a different opinion, but think whether going stereo is more important to you than freeing up the fx loop, while still having a real cab, and going to foh.

Last edited by a moderator:
This firmware rocks!!! There are a lot of amps that I just didn't connect with until now. The Ruby Rocket and the Blankenship Leeds are killin' it!! There are more but I'm stuck on these for the time being.

Back to playing....

Well, I'd say that going stereo during a gig really is not necesary.
Imagine a small pub. People who are not in the middle, hear only half of your sound. So why not sum the stereo so they would hear it all evenly?
Imagine a big stadium: Where does Stereo come in here at all?

i've ditched going stereo with guitar, and that simplified a lot of things. Live setup is far easier. Giving the sound guy one cable is far easier than two. And now I can use only my Axe FX 2 to connect two guitars, send both guitars to foh, have a single real cab, and even connect a mic.

You may have a different opinion, but think whether going stereo is more important to you than freeing up the fx loop, while still having a real cab, and going to foh.
A stereo setup can be beautiful you can have a Mesa and a diezel right and left
It’s not about how easy it is it’s about what you want as a player

Going stereo on a gig is, well... kinda pointless
Unless you are kinda, well... using stereo delays. Or enhancers. Or....
Anyway. That’s kinda pointless anyway. Ain’t it? :)
The point being there are many a guitarists who may not play your kinda style but kinda being guitarists nevertheless. Going stereo on a gig. Imagine!!! Unbelievable.

I've been much happier since I went stereo at gigs. We play various venues that sometimes have bizarre layouts, but stereo has never taken away from my tone nor more importantly the overall sound/feel of the band. As been said countless times, try it and see if it works for you...either way it's no longer a debate, but rather the REAL answer for YOUR situation.

What is this newfangled “stereo” of which you speak?

It can’t be any good or it would have caught on by now.

Back
Top Bottom