Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

The AC-20 is fixed! It sounds and feels amazing.
Cliff, thank you so much for this wonderful update.

There is one more parameter missing in the editor: "Dyn Damping" (adv page of amp block).
Yes; you‘re right.
As edo said, over a long time.
I‘m not sure, but I seem to recall, that this parameter had been deactivatet a long time ago.
Nevertheless it had been there in the AxeFx-menu.
That‘s what I remember; but I even can be wrong.

This Firmware has not the best feeling with all the amps i tested :(it is hard to explain...
I honestly find the attack and response feels more like the real thing. I guess if you prefer the amp sim feel (which it seems like you do), then revert back to Q10.

The Porta-Bass bug is known and has been fixed for the next release. I'll also be adding the old SVT model back so there will be two SVT models.
There you have it folks. The II goes out with yet another example of why Fractal Audio is at the top of the heap. I'm looking forward to instant direct comparisons between the SVT models. I'm going to try very hard to get the new model to work for me as well as the original does, and then translating that to the III if successful.

While having the original in the III would save me the trouble of schlepping my live rack into my studio to record bass, I am very grateful to have the original in the II along with Ares.

There you have it folks. The II goes out with yet another example of why Fractal Audio is at the top of the heap. I'm looking forward to instant direct comparisons between the SVT models. I'm going to try very hard to get the new model to work for me as well as the original does, and then translating that to the III if successful.

While having the original in the III would save me the trouble of schlepping my live rack into my studio to record bass, I am very grateful to have the original in the II along with Ares.
Well, I would suspect that if the II is getting both it's because Cliff has already modeled both for the III. ;)

I bet we'll see it added to the III in short order.

Maybe just me but that doesn't really sound anything like SRV to me... Not saying it sounds bad, but that's not what I hear when I think of Stevie.
i have to agree. a bit too much gain for SRV. the style and drop d make me feel grunge, but the tone itself isn't what i'd describe as SRV.

i have to agree. a bit too much gain for SRV. the style and drop d make me feel grunge, but the tone itself isn't what i'd describe as SRV.
Well it’s meant to show the tone of the new update not be an exact replica
I just set it up how I liked it with out looking at his settings

Your post said "SRV style tone"...

My comment was only about the tone not the playing style.

Anyway, carry on - if you dig it, that's what matters :)
I had the volume on the tele all the way up if you turn it down just a little it cleans up in a good way and sounds like the srv rig

So... apparently there will be a bugfix release... Which is a bummer...
1.01 just doesn't have that nice round number...
(Still have a small light of hope to see amp+cab mode though lol. Sorry for being spoiled)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did i miss anything about needing to do an amp block reset? don't recall seeing it in the release notes. My mesa Mk IIC++ is sounding kinda hollow. The gain structure really changed. Perhaps its more accurate to the real amp? i have no idea as i've never played one. Rolling back to beta to compare...

Back
Top Bottom