Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 1.00 Firmware Release

I haven't seen a mono FoH in 15 years, and even that was a relic in a pop. 6000 town hotel where it was only for vocals cause the room holds maybe 30 people tops lol.

There are so many benefits to running stereo.... this misconception of hard panning so you cant hear one side if not in front of it is typical guitarted bro logic silliness..... even a basic course in mixing audio is all it takes.

Lol... okay guys, I get it. Stereo is awesome... IF your sound man will give it to you. Many will roll their eyes and say either “no” or “it’s not necessary”. We’re not talking Pink Floyd... are we? As far as your audience hearing it... they’d have to be in the middle somewhere. But to each their own

As this is (almost) the final version I'd apreciate new preset banks that are optimized for ares 1 on the axe fx ii.
I have the axe ii since 1 month after release and I always found myself browsing through the presets at times for inspiration sake.
Unfortunately most did not sound nice out of the box due to FW 10. I also did not want go tweak all of my own presets so I stayed on 9, even had to go back to 8 for a couple of gigs. I can't use the ares presets from the axe iii since they require ares 1.07? + are likely incompatible due to changes

As this is (almost) the final version I'd apreciate new preset banks that are optimized for ares 1 on the axe fx ii.
I have the axe ii since 1 month after release and I always found myself browsing through the presets at times for inspiration sake.
Unfortunately most did not sound nice out of the box due to FW 10. I also did not want go tweak all of my own presets so I stayed on 9, even had to go back to 8 for a couple of gigs. I suppose I can't use the ares presets from the axe iii since they require ares 1.07? + are likely incompatible due to changes?
incompatible due to axe2 is not axe3. The presets are completely different from the ground up.

Maybe they’ll make ares presets for axe2, but i would be surprised if they sink even more time into this after the firmware is done. Likely you’ll just need to go tweak things you want to use. I could be wrong though, I tend to expect less and get more from most things in life.

incompatible due to axe2 is not axe3. The presets are completely different from the ground up.

Maybe they’ll make ares presets for axe2, but i would be surprised if they sink even more time into this after the firmware is done. Likely you’ll just need to go tweak things you want to use. I could be wrong though, I tend to expect less and get more from most things in life.

Thanks for your reply. I'm more of a glass half full kinda guy :) Could become a community project as lots of guys gonna stay on the axe ii for various reasons, most of all the price tag of course. Visiting axe xchange in a couple of weeks could be an alternative but there are many "strange" presets to go through as well. That was what I liked on the preset banks, it was a broad range of all occasion sounds you could have immediately fun with.

Thanks for new firmware..
BTW Is this new firmware compatible with Axe edit?
Yes it is, only the speaker compliance parameter cannot be controlled with AxeEdit and it shows Quantum 11 rather than Ares 1 as the current firmware. Nothing else has changed, no other SysEx etc., so just use it as before.

The Porta-Bass bug is known and has been fixed for the next release. I'll also be adding the old SVT model back so there will be two SVT models.

SV Bass 1 (old) and SV Bass 2 (new) models are Ampeg SVT-CL (Classic) or Ampeg SVT-VR model?

Thanks Cliff

Quick reply to say thank you to Cliff for adding some ares to the II.. Mine is a MK 1 I bought new when they just released the II, I think from the first batch of 50 or so to go out the door. I think I've installed literally every single FW release/iteration along the way. I appreciate a company supporting a piece of gear for this long and continuing to add improvements and functionality for so many years.

Forgive me if I missed something but when I go to the speaker tab and use the speaker compression value I would normally expect a meter telling me how much compression is going on, but it’s either not there or not moving?

Back
Top Bottom