Axe-FX II - Ares 2.0 - Strange overtones / warble on distortion patches when doing "hammer-ons"

Hello,

I have noticed this overtone / warble effect when playing thru distortion patches and doing a "hammer on" on my Axe-fx II. I thought it was my guitar but swapping guitars / cables, etc. I still have the same issue. I updated firmware, reset the Axe to factory. It does this on a custom patches and default patches, its really only noticeable on distortion based patches.

I have tried all I can think of, so I am asking if anyone have any ideas, I have a gig in a few weeks and this is very noticeable when playing.

Here is a link to an MP3 sound sample of that its doing:
https://we.tl/t-jizaDRRfPI

Thanks

is it your trem? try grabbing hold of your trem arm and see if it goes away

if you haven't got a trem, then i wonder if it might be some weird resonance. the sound is similar to what you hear when you play two notes that are a semitone apart and you get "beating". try tying a cloth around your headstock, just behind the nut to damp the strings as they go between the nut and the tuners. also try moving the cloth up the neck to dampen the strings just behind your playing position.

i don't think this has anything to do with the axe fx. i think it's either some weird mechanical artefact, or it's to do with playing technique.

i also wonder if it might be that your pickups are too close to the strings. this kind of 'beating" can occur when the pickup magnets pull on the strings as they vibrate

Back
Top Bottom