Axe-Fx II and The Edge

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Hello all,

Wanted to share some cool news with you... We recently spent two weeks in a Dublin studio with The Edge, exploring the Axe-Fx II. Together we dialed in sounds -- amps, cabs, delays, and more -- working both from U2's original recordings and Edge's live rig, also taking the time for some totally new creations.

Edge is not only a great musician, but a true virtuoso when it comes to using technology as a creative tool. This made for a really intense and enjoyable time, and the results were exciting and inspiring, especially as U2 prepare to begin work early next year on some new material.

It was a unique opportunity and an incredible experience, and we at Fractal Audio look forward to how the story might continue...

Matt, what I'd have given to have been a fly on the wall during that time. ;)

How are you handling the starstruck feelings these days? Seems like the musician profiles you're hanging out with are going up and up and up. Any hesitation when you have to pick up a guitar in front of these guys and gals?

Matt, I envy you!!
Must be the max to have some time with the Egde

Congratulations!!

I always wondered why he didnt use the Axe Fx yet..Maybe he could ditch his huge rack system for two Axe-fx II..

wow! The Axe II is slowly taking over and its truly becoming the greatest innovation of this century. I'm happy to be a part of this revolution! Congrats Fractal!

Finally. 's About time. Took him a while. ;)

Wow. Two whole weeks. Envy is not quite the word for it...
There you have the one guy who I'd like to see some artists presets from and you get to dial in a II with him. Did he "inspire" some new patches yet?

BTW, Matt. You didn't happen to drop by G66 with a couple of hundred 'IIs, did you?

I'll second the call for Patches. Please? I've always felt that the Edge and guys like Tom Morello were gear virtuosos concurrently with their musicality and songwriting abilities on their instruments. I would love to watch the Edge putting the Axe through its paces. There was a very short blurb of Edge messing around in his studio in the "It Might Get Loud" documentary with Jimmy Page & Jack White, but I would have watched a whole movie of him explaining his approach to tone. And I although I'm a huge U2 fan (have all their albums, saw them in 1984) I've never wanted to sound like the Edge, although I consider his "tone" (as varied as it is) one of the best in music. Just his ability to manipulate delay alone is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom