Axe FX II and Reaper help?

John the G

Hello, I can't seem to get the Axe to show in the Devices menu under the ASIO driver. I think all the drivers installed correctly, no problems with Axe edit or anything else. Anyone else have this problem in Reaper? I would certainly appreciate any help.

Have you installed the FAS USB driver yet?
Oh................now I feel stupid, I was thinking it would say "AXE FX 2" or something. I do indeed see the FAS USB audio ASIO drive, so that's the one to use I suppose?

Another question I have is where should I monitor the playback from? Will it come back through the AXE FX like any other audio interface? I assume I would use the AXE as the recording and playback device, correct? Sorry for the simpleton questions.

If you have another interface to use for playback you can set the output to that device and use the Axe for the input. I do it that way because I notice a bit more skipping of audio at the lower latencies when using the Axe for both input and output but by using my Focusrite i8 as the output (playback device) it seems a bit better. Also if you record input 3 it will record a dry guitar signal for reamping along with the processed signal from inputs 1 and 2 from the Axe. Hope this all makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. I enabled input 1 and 3 so that should be the processed AXE signal and a dry for re-amping. The only output option I see is "output range" with 2 dropdowns, but the only options are 1 or 2 (I assume on the AXE). I don't see an option for my other interface. I have a drum track loaded into track 1 and can't find the output anywhere. Any ideas? Also thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!

You should also see asio in the dropdown with the FAS USB option, pick asio then the axe input 1-4 and make the output whatever isn't the axe that you want :)

If you have another interface to use for playback you can set the output to that device and use the Axe for the input. I do it that way because I notice a bit more skipping of audio at the lower latencies when using the Axe for both input and output but by using my Focusrite i8 as the output (playback device) it seems a bit better. Also if you record input 3 it will record a dry guitar signal for reamping along with the processed signal from inputs 1 and 2 from the Axe. Hope this all makes sense.
Hey, can You elaborate on that a little?
I posted a thread similar to that and You know a lot more than I do about that stuff, I'm interested particularly about the "audio skipping at lower latencies", i'm wrapping my mind around that at this moment.
:)

Back
Top Bottom