Axe fx ii and real cabs

milleniumking

Inspired
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has tips and tricks to get the most out of using a real cab.

Currently I am using the axe ii —> art sla 2 —> avatar 2x12 with v30’s. I use it mono 16ohms and stereo sometimes 8ohms a side. I love it in stereo even though I dont really use stereo effects.

Im getting a great tone already across the board but what do you do to make it sound good to your ears?

Thank you!

what do you do to make it sound good to your ears?
Is there a hidden concern here? If it sounds great to you the next day still then you're good to go! As far as what people do, different strokes for different folks. I've found the best results applying IR's even though I use a "real" cab.

At home, I play with an IR of the same cab I used live. I dial it in with the IR and it translates pretty well to my live cab. I don't really have secrets. I try to treat everything as if I were using a real amp. I only mess around with the basic tab stuff.

the only tip is to dial the presets into your cab at the volume you intend to use them at

if you dial-in at bedroom volumes and then go play a stadium your tone will likely be skewed in the extreme hi's and lo's
and maybe a bit too gainy as well

Thanx for the responses so far. I definately try to do the presets at a “high” volume.

I understand that everyone is different, I just thought that maybe someones first thing to tweak would be a certain value or something like that. The first thing i do is adjust the low frequency to my liking. The rest is just trial and error to be honest.

Thanx for the responses so far. I definately try to do the presets at a “high” volume.

I understand that everyone is different, I just thought that maybe someones first thing to tweak would be a certain value or something like that. The first thing i do is adjust the low frequency to my liking. The rest is just trial and error to be honest.
Yeah for sure! I've found to have best results by tweaking/experimenting and deleting Facebook so all my "phone stare time" is on this forum studying lol

Back
Top Bottom