Axe-FX II and MFC-101 - Initial Setup and Expression Pedal videos

very well done indeed! great for newbies and a nice refresher for the vets!
thanks for taking the time.

Great job and much appreciated.... These take a lot of time to do and edit. Your efforts on here do not go un-noticed. Thanks!

Great Job !!!! The best videos I have seen . FAS should hire you do more . Or put a donation button on your site. I would pay for that kind of intuitive video.

Agree with what everyone else said previously... AWESOME VIDEOS!!!! Really helpful.This forum rocks!
Would love to watch a similar video about song mode in the MFC.

Agree with what everyone else said previously... AWESOME VIDEOS!!!! Really helpful.This forum rocks!
Would love to watch a similar video about song mode in the MFC.

I would too that was my next ? on the forum what people thought of song mode.

Okay, I went and watched the second one because fully understanding what I was doing when setting up an expression pedal was one of the things I was struggling with. Before watching this, I had gotten volume and wah set up on one preset, but on the next preset, trying to make the pedal do something else was confusing me. Now I totally understand. THIS VIDEO IS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED! THANK YOU.
My understanding before was kind of like an algebra class where you read the book but just can't grasp it. Then, someone shows and explains and it totally makes since.

I needed this and I really appreciate you taking the time to do it. It was well done. On my thread "Frustrated to the point of selling", I believe it was said that multiple cameras would be needed and editing and all, but I think the way you did it was perfect. It's an awesome thing that you took the time to do this and I know peopl like me, who are more visual will appreciate it.

Just wanted to add my thanks for those videos. Really helpful for newbie like me! I now have my MFC setup nicely and expression pedal working as well. Thank you!! :)

I believe it was said that multiple cameras would be needed and editing and all, but I think the way you did it was perfect.

Cool. I used 2 cameras, one on the MFC (standing up vertical, not on the floor like usual) and one on the axe fx. I also did some editing to keep it concise and show the appropriate camera angle or both when necessary.

One of my cams kept going out of focus when I played the guitar!! I forgot to set it to manual focus so that's why it disappears or gets blurry at times. I thought I had to do it all over! But I made it work I guess in post.

If I was doing this for real, I would have put a 3rd camera on me and cut that into the edit so people knew who was talking to them.

I had looked at these videos when they were posted because i was shopping for a foot controller, very nice job on the videos Chrisallen888, Thanks!! Today I picked up an MFC and in less then an hour have it set up with 2 expression pedals etc, and ready to gig! Haven't even opened the manual yet.. :)
This is the fastest i've ever set up a foot controller, to me everything I've seen so far on the MFC makes sense, very easy to set up, these videos saved me time from reading the manual, of course there is a lot to explore because the MFC does a lot, but I'm ready to gig with it.. :)

sweet! but read the manual anyway! :p

Oh yes I will!! :)
I'm usually the type who reads the manuals 3 or 4 times even before buying the item.. in this case I watched the videos a few times so I had understood how to go about doing what I needed, videos are a lot more fun to work with then reading manuals, so I think I can speak for everyone who watched them, we really appreciate you having taking your time to do them, and upload.

Chris,

Thanks again for the videos. I just set up my brand new Axe Fx-II and MFC. I followed your instructions to a T. I did not use that second video yet, as I am waiting for my Mission pedals to arrive.

In the meantime, I do have a question: my personal stage monitor is an RCF NX-12. Our PA consists of two Bose L1 line array towers, each with two Bose bass bins. I am sending one XLR output from the Axe to the RCF; the other is going to the main board which, of course, outputs to the Bose system.

How should I configure the outs?

Thank you for your time.

Dan

it really depends if you are sending different signals to the Left and Right outputs... in other words, are you running a True Stereo setup?

it mostly comes down to effects and panning. if you don't have any stereo effects and nothing panned away from center, then all 6 of your outputs are really the same. (Out1 XLR L+R, 1/4" L+R and Out2 L+R). if you turn on "copy out1 to out2" in the I/O menu (2nd page?), you can have a separate volume control for the house mixer and your own monitor. this means that you can't use the FX Loop block in your presets.

that's how i run. copy out1 to out 2 and i send the XLR from out1 to the mixer and i use out2 to my qsc speakers. i set the level for out1 and don't touch it for the rest of the gig, but i can change out2 volume as much as i want during the gig because it only affect my monitor feed.

i actually run stereo effects and delays, but i usually just send my right channel only to the house mixer, because i've heard what it sounds like by itself and it's ok for the small gigs that only have 1 input for my guitar. i leave my output set to Stereo.

Back
Top Bottom