Axe FX II and Kemper Profiler (Yes, another one...please read!)

I've read both threads now (the one at KPA and obviously this one), and I like your approach and sticking to your guns on this; it is a lot of your money to fork out either way.

Thank you. And I agree...there are the same kind of immature jokers over on the Kemper forums. Maybe a couple less, but then they have far less users overall. Ratio-wise, almost all forums on the interwebz have the same kind of nonsense.

I've renamed this thread. The word "vs." is probably one that should be avoided.
I believe that its use here has caused this conversation to become charged with a kind of territorialism that doesn't bring out the best in people.

Yeah, you have to be pretty stupid to think that your competition isn't also monitoring your likes in return. Their likes went from nearly zero to 20K overnight one day with the most popular city being Seoul SK. Duh.

That's the problem with guerrilla marketing, eventually it catches up with you and that's why we don't do it.

While they're doing that u're here releasing Firmware after Firmware!!!!!!

I haven't read all of this thread, but the thing that swayed me to the Axe when I was trying to decide (back around FW9/10 days) was seeing the ability to layout patches and interact with the Axe-FX via Axe Edit. When I'm playing a show I don't need deep editing capabilities, I'm too busy concentrating on the performance. I just want to make sure I'm on the correct patch/scene and playing the right song. :) The ability to set everything up and perform the tweaks beforehand is huge for me.

I'm sure either unit would sound good for my purposes, but I've never not been happy with the sounds coming out of my Axe-FX since I purchased it. All the effects that I was happy enough with but thought could use improvement, have in fact been improved greatly. I'm over the moon with that because I was happy enough with them to use them as they were when I already plunked down my cash over a year ago. (Reverbs, BBD effects, and most recently the gorgeous rotary block). It's been rock-solid reliable for me and I know that if I should have problems, or any kind of dumb detailed technical question, the people with the answers are both responsive and close at hand.

I'd still love to try a Kemper and might get on great with it, but for my performance needs the Axe-FX is the one that still ticks all the right boxes.

the Axe-FX is the one that still ticks all the right boxes
This is what it's all about.
And if the Kemper should tick all the right boxes or an amp with pedals, that's ok too.

Well, not totally ok, but a bit ok too ;-)
Oh and another thing.... I've heard people make top notch gear sound like crap too so in the end it's what you do with it that will count.

Last edited:
Oh and another thing.... I've heard people make notch gear sound like crap too so in the end it's what you do with it that will count.

This may be the wisest thing posted here by a long shot. I've heard Jack Pearson play a crappy esquire strat through a crappy solid state amp and he still sounded great. Maybe not AS great as through great gear, but so much tone is in the fingers of the player. No amount of amazing gear is going to make a crappy player sound good, and no amount of crappy gear is going to make an amazing player sound crappy.

I own both and USE the Axe-fx II XL. The thing I liked about the Kemper over the Axe-fx was the front Knobs. After getting accustomed to the interface and how deep the tweaking/editing/ effects/routing/Tone match/Axe-Edit software of the XL is, I changed camps. Don't get me wrong the Kemper is an awesome device but with all the options the XL has, 100's of amps, profiles, effects and the attention to detail in the constant firmware updates from FAS and the best customer service, the XL just keeps getting better and better. I got the MFC 101 mark 3, a couple of EV-1 expression pedals and have never been happier. The one missing piece of the puzzle for me like I said in my first sentence was the front knobs. There is an awesome device made by a couple of guys from this forum. FXunits.com RAC12 has changed the game for me. A 1U unit with 12 knobs and an lcd that lets you adjust the XL just like and amp. The unit allows for much deeper tweaking than that but right out of the box it just works like a real world amp. Even without all the extras the XL with the latest firmware sounds and feels better to me than the Kemper. I was also a person that had only a couple of sounds I used. Once I got the XL it opened up a whole new world of sounds. It just makes it so easy to step through hundreds of amps, presets and effects that you don't have when you only own a couple of amps. Its like owning all the greatest hardware in the industry and having it at your finger tips for you to demo when ever you want. I have found so many new sounds that I never had before because it would cost like a hundred grand to purchase all the hardware that this thing does! With the couple of extra pieces of hardware I mentioned above, I feel I have the most complete setup that any one could need in a pretty small package. I also own a ton of other hardware but use very little of it any more. A few pedals here and there but that's usually just my GAS kicking in. Hope this helps. Good Luck and Rock on!

Funny looking at some of the responses over on the Kemper forum. Their corporate plant who goes by "Happy Kemper" and "orko" (and is "tgp100" on The Gear Page) bragging about Facebook likes. They bought their first 20,000 likes from a Facebook "factory" in South Korea.

How Facebook Likes Get Bought And Sold

public.php

:mrgreen

Thank you. And I agree...there are the same kind of immature jokers over on the Kemper forums. Maybe a couple less, but then they have far less users overall. Ratio-wise, almost all forums on the interwebz have the same kind of nonsense.

And bear in mind that I'm posting in both threads, so that's TWICE the amount of immature joker! :)

They make a good product. They don't need to resort to this stuff. Just sell your product on its merits.

Honestly Cliff, I think it's pretty bad form to be talking about this kind of stuff. Look how many people have just taken you at your word, no evidence being presented mind you.

I like you guys as a company and I've chatted to Matt via my work email a few times, and I had an Axe FX II for about half a year and loved it (despite my moving on to the Kemper for my amp modelling), and I'm planning to buy an FX8 and possibly an AX8 also.

I don't need to see this kind of PR spin dubiousness from companies I respect.

Honestly Cliff, I think it's pretty bad form to be talking about this kind of stuff. Look how many people have just taken you at your word, no evidence being presented mind you.

I like you guys as a company and I've chatted to Matt via my work email a few times, and I had an Axe FX II for about half a year and loved it (despite my moving on to the Kemper for my amp modelling), and I'm planning to buy an FX8 and possibly an AX8 also.

I don't need to see this kind of PR spin dubiousness from companies I respect.

Honestly, I'm quite sure that Cliff has all the evidence he needs. It's his decision when he shares it or if he does at all. I think we all know him to be a man of honor, and not someone who would just throw accusations around. Him talking about it was the response to the growing d*ck of the KPA community bragging about the Facebook page likes (which is, honestly, quite stupid).

Honestly, I'm quite sure that Cliff has all the evidence he needs. It's his decision when he shares it or if he does at all. I think we all know him to be a man of honor, and not someone who would just throw accusations around. Him talking about it was the response to the growing d*ck of the KPA community bragging about the Facebook page likes (which is, honestly, quite stupid).

Sorry, but that is utter bollocks.

He just HAS thrown an accusation around. Just now in this thread. FACT. Stop your internal dialog. FACT.

Sure, it's his decision if he posts the evidence. Just like anyone who makes a claim - it's their decision to back it up or not.

But it's my decision to frown upon it and think it poor form. Which I do.

Sorry, but that is utter bollocks.

He just HAS thrown an accusation around. Just now in this thread. FACT. Stop your internal dialog. FACT.

Sure, it's his decision if he posts the evidence. Just like anyone who makes a claim - it's their decision to back it up or not.

But it's my decision to frown upon it and think it poor form. Which I do.

Yeah, you have every right to be frown, but Cliff is still a man of his words and anyone doubting that is seriously wrong. I think couple thousands of FAS customers would back this up in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom