Axe FX II Amp of the Week

MesaGuitarGuy

Power User
since there are so many great amps that most of us will never get to try first hand, what if there was a section for Axe FX II Amp of the Week?

After listening to the SuperTweed thread and the great tones SteadyState and others get, I was blown away.

Feature one Axe II amp per week, along with some recordings, tips and tricks, etc.

I know I'd really benefit from everyone's input, who have already dialed in some great tones.

thoughts?

Jeff

Last edited:
I think this is a great idea. Start a subforum for these, and have a new amp/topic each week. After a few years, we should have em all covered. Lol

It's a nice idea... and should be expanded so that everyone has to use a version of the AotW at some point in their live shows that week too!
biggrin.gif

I think this would be nice.. but just thinking aloud here, would ones setup that made that perfect amp sound so good not translate equally to someone with a different setup ie: frfr vs guitar cab... Just wondering?? As well as use it the same way ie bedroom vs gig volume.

Joe...

I think this would be nice.. but just thinking aloud here, would ones setup that made that perfect amp sound so good not translate equally to someone with a different setup ie: frfr vs guitar cab... Just wondering?? As well as use it the same way ie bedroom vs gig volume.

Joe...

I think perhaps we could write up a template, that includes the amp selected, cab selected (where applicable), the means of playback (FRFR/power amp and cab - and subsequently the gear used, etc), and maybe even the guitar and pickups used. Volume of playback and room size/treatment even!

That way we can get an idea of what went into the sound - going into a patch with humbuckers that was designed for low-output singles and so on is a pretty common issue.

I think with a small standardised template we could negate that sort of thing and put appropriate perspective on it :)

There's been a Facebook group going for a few weeks now called "Jam of the Week" that invites people to post videos of them playing solos of a jazz song that's chosen for the week. We could do that, but posting recordings using a particular amp that week. For some of us, we can show off patches for the main amps we use, and for the rest of us, it's an excuse to putz around with a new amp type we haven't explored yet and come up with some new sounds.

Back
Top Bottom