Axe FX II 5-band EQ Translate?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

Have someone already translate that Mesa 5-band eq ,in numbers. Way like orginal Mesa 5-band works? If someone have ,orginal Mesa amps whit Eq. Would be nice to hear how those Axe FX II sliders works in numbers ,comparably orginal Mesa 5-band sliders. Like what numbers must be sliders ,to get that orginal Mesa graphic V? And where goes bottom line middle line and so on... In numbers Axe FX II 5-band. I was have early days many Mark series heads ,and now I have little problem to translate those EQ settings for Axe FX II 5-band ,sliders have so much high space.

And here I have one ,my old 5-band settings what I was use early days. I was use that old Metallica Battery notes. If someone can translate those 5-band sliders ,in numbers would be nice?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...duction Notes/04-Battery20Gtr20EQs20Small.jpg

i think he's saying he recognizes the 5-band in the Amp block is the same thing, but he's asking if all the way up on the Axe 5 band is the same as all the way up on a real mesa, all the way down, and then where in between are the lines that appear on the mesa amp.

the 5-band eq in the axe fx is more agresive than the real 5-band eq in my personal experience.. i own a mark iv and a mark v and an axe fx 2...
so the first thing that i did was try this 5-band eq, you can get a very similar result soundwise, but the range of the sliders is larger than the real deal... thats is not a bad thing per se, only you got to train
your ears to achive the same result that a mesa amplifier.

what i did was star with the 5-band eq of the axe fx in the same position of the amp.. and adjust each slider to achive the sound.. it turns out that the axe eq has the same shape but shorter.

Hey

Nice to hear. I was have Mesa IV and Mesa III and Studio preamp some time ago ,I was sell them all. Hey if you can adjust your orginal mark IV sliders ,like that my link have 5-band eq. And then try get that axe fx II 5-band sound close like that orginal mark iv 5 -band is. And then check ,what numbers are in axe fx II 5-band eq have in numbers. And send me those axe fx II 5-band settings. That would be amazing ,if you could do that?

the 5-band eq in the axe fx is more agresive than the real 5-band eq in my personal experience.. i own a mark iv and a mark v and an axe fx 2...
so the first thing that i did was try this 5-band eq, you can get a very similar result soundwise, but the range of the sliders is larger than the real deal... thats is not a bad thing per se, only you got to train
your ears to achive the same result that a mesa amplifier.

what i did was star with the 5-band eq of the axe fx in the same position of the amp.. and adjust each slider to achive the sound.. it turns out that the axe eq has the same shape but shorter.

Dimebucker here's some numbers for ya - I took these from Kostein's Mark IV preset ( thanks Kostein ) . 80 = 3.00 , 240 = 1.50 , 750= - 5.76 , 2200 = 2.36 , 6600= 4.25 . As you can see its kinda a smaller version of the same shape you see on the Mark V. I used these number as a stating template and adjusted to suit my taste and speakers / guitar. I find with almost all presets I download that the highs are way to hyped and I have to adjust a bit . Download some presets you like look at what they did disect it write down the numbers and settings. there are some amazing tones to be found !
Back to the Brutalz... \ m /

Thanks for the post, VeryBadMan. I'll try them out. It's been a long time since I had a Mesa with that EQ (Mk IIC+) and I've been playing with this a bit since it was introduced.

Hello

Thanks very much ,I will try those soon.

Dimebucker here's some numbers for ya - I took these from Kostein's Mark IV preset ( thanks Kostein ) . 80 = 3.00 , 240 = 1.50 , 750= - 5.76 , 2200 = 2.36 , 6600= 4.25 . As you can see its kinda a smaller version of the same shape you see on the Mark V. I used these number as a stating template and adjusted to suit my taste and speakers / guitar. I find with almost all presets I download that the highs are way to hyped and I have to adjust a bit . Download some presets you like look at what they did disect it write down the numbers and settings. there are some amazing tones to be found !
Back to the Brutalz... \ m /

Hey

I still need translate help for ,that Axe FX II 5-band eq. Bottom line ,center line and upper line. What are those numbers in Axes 5-band sliders compare to ,orginal Mesa 5-band eq? If someone have orginal Mark series Mesa please ,try to find those sliders numbers in Axe FX II.

I just got rid of my mark v, in my experience I would say start with half the value of the Mesa sliders. The axe sliders are a considerable amount mor aggressive. Seems it will be difficult for someone to exactly translate your settings above without that rig side by side. Heck, even two mark Amps side by side won't be exactly the same

Back
Top Bottom