AXE FX II -> (2) Bose L1 Model 1's.

Muzick

Experienced
Hello everyone,

I run 2 Bose L1 towers for stereo sound for my current amp (Fender Cyber Twin SE). For those of you that don't know - Fender Cyber Twin SE was supposed to be the Axe FX back in the day (2003) but it never took off. Running this direct XLR out into the bose sounds AWESOME. There are so many reports that Bose sucks for guitar tone but I can tell you first hand I get some amazing tones out of it.

Anyways, I've seen the reports of a Stereo Atomic Amp and was curious if it would help my situation. I'm on the waiting list ready to pull the trigger for the AXE FX II. Once I recieve it will it benefit me (tone wise) to purchase the Atomic Stereo Amp? Or will the Bose 750watt amp suffice to bring out the best of it's qualities?

Thank you in advanced for the advice / input.

Brandon

I have the same 2 bose setup, used for years. I also have the qsc K12's.
Loved ultra bose setup. amazing cleans, but lacking something in dirty tones.
Just didnt push enough air for me.
So i use a 2 12 EV cab with it, digital power. AXII hasnt been introduced to that setup yet.
I havent tried my bose w FXII setup yet, but can tell you w K12's its tight!!!!!
Cant say how happy i am in less than a million words.
More on this later...

Last edited:
I have the same 2 bose setup, used for years. I also have the qsc K12's.
Loved ultra bose setup. amazing cleans, but lacking something in dirty tones.
Just didnt push enough air for me.
So i use a 2 12 EV cab with it, digital power. AXII hasnt been introduced to that setup yet.
I havent tried my bose w FXII setup yet, but can tell you w K12's its tight!!!!!
Cant say how happy i am in less than a million words.
More on this later...

Awesome feedback! Thanks Dramelot. I'd love to hear your thoughts about axe 2 + bose. One piece of feedback I received over at the bose forums is that the model 1's tend to be more compatible with guitar tones. Do you have the model 1 or 2? Anyways, let me know your thoughts about the Bose. I'll have to head down to guitar center once i finally recieve my axe and try it with a k12 hehe :)

My general complaint with Bose is that they are lacking mid-range body. They favor system designs that have very small satellite speakers and separate bass box units because they tend to be cosmetically appealing (especially to females). I think this leaves a hole in the mid-range.

But like Cliff says, give it a shot and see what happens. I do 2nd Dramelot's recommendation of the QSC K series if you find the Bose isn't working out for you.

Hi

Please advise how you configured your ultra with the Bose L1? I have a single Bose L1 and I am not able to get good overdrive tone out of the ultra through the L1. I get good clean tone though . Infact, I get better tone out of my computer speakers than L1.

thanks

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I've always been severly dissapointed with Crunch / Dirty tones coming out of my Bose monitoring.... until 4.0!!! WOW! The tone is still not 100% on the bose but I'm VERY Pleased how it's sounding now. THere was always somthing plasticy sounding when I played through them but now with 4.0 ... I look back and cant believe I'm not coming out of a REAL amp!! Setting up stereo cabs going panned hard L/R to each bose stick sounds STUNNING! The crystal cleans have always sounded fantastic but there's just something about the latest 4.0 that I just can't BELIEVE!!!!!!!

Listened to the Bose system on the Frankfurt Musikmesse last Saturday.
Sounded quite good (with a Kemper, though). We are a trio of guitar, vocals and bass anld are considering the Bose L1 system.
Any experiences with the Axe-Fx?
Thanks,
Uli

Back
Top Bottom