Axe Fx II: 10 years of use and where I'm at now.....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Started with a standard Axe Fx and then later a II XL version. Over the years I've bought a couple amps (EVH 100 watt and Mesa TC50) and used Axe Fx II in 4cm. While those are amazing amps they were limiting. What I use to think was "better" and more "tube like" ended up being not as good.

Since going in ears the Axe Fx II has been amazing. I dial in my patches to the FOH speakers and then run output 2(FX Loop prior to Cab) to my Matrix Gt1000FX and Genz Benz cab where I EQ it (via global output 2 EQ section) to sound close to the FOH. This provides stage feedback and a little stage "oomph". My in ears are from my board and what the FOH hears. This has been a great thing and the sound is perfect.

I love tube amps, but they are limiting and basically not the best solution for live sound. The Axe Fx II is. I can shape my tone precisely and change it whenever I want or feel the need. Effects and routing are stellar and second to none.

Learning this box takes time and we're ALWAYS learning new things and ways to do things. This forum is so proactive and a real joy with source of information. All you newbies...be patient...it's all there and with work you'll learn how to shape your sound to your liking.

You are right. I have mine for about only one year and I'm just amazed how incredible it can help me to achieve my dreams tone.

Tremonti, like you said before, it's a constant learning. Even you aren't a patient guy, you can always download some preset or a template from something already done and starts from there.

I used to play with the 11rack but to sound good enough I always needed to work with an external plugin like Torpedo WoS (to load my IRs) or an external EQ, compressors, and delays.
So, the main reason is that I like the idea you could have everything you want in one box and the Axe can do this hands down.

Back
Top Bottom