Axe FX, I, II, or FM3 for stereo hybrid bass rig?

Macthemark

Hey all, I’m looking to build a somewhat over-complicated hybrid stereo bass rig & I am not the most familiar with high end digital modelers. I am looking for the unit that can cover all of the following:
1. Can run two parallel signal chains (I’d want to run a clean and distorted signal)
2. Each digital signal chain can have a different analog input/output (I’d have an aby pedal to split my bass to 2 different pedal chains before & id like to reserve the option of routing each to different cabs)
3. Power amp simulation can be turned off

From these criteria, would you all rec come the AXE FX I, II, or an Fm model?

Hey all, I’m looking to build a somewhat over-complicated hybrid stereo bass rig & I am not the most familiar with high end digital modelers. I am looking for the unit that can cover all of the following:
1. Can run two parallel signal chains (I’d want to run a clean and distorted signal)
2. Each digital signal chain can have a different analog input/output (I’d have an aby pedal to split my bass to 2 different pedal chains before & id like to reserve the option of routing each to different cabs)
3. Power amp simulation can be turned off

From these criteria, would you all rec come the AXE FX I, II, or an Fm model?
Is your budget causing you to consider an older, used Fractal product?

I don’t think item two is necessary unless you’re wanting to input two different sound sources. For example, magnetic and piezo pickups with their own output jacks on your bass.

I think the Axe-FX or Ultra will support dual signal chains, each with its own amp and cab as well as effects. So, you could split your input to two chains, one with amp and the other direct.

Back
Top Bottom