Axe FX HD - How I booted the Pod HD firmware on the Axe II

r3tex

Hi guys, I'm sort of giving up music but wanted to share this in case anyone wants to pick up where I left off.

I ported the Pod HD firmware to the Axe FX II (long story). It's VERY buggy but it actually works!
Both the Axe and Pod firmwares didn't use any troublesome obfuscation so it's not rocket-science to reverse-engineer.
Unfortunately, as it currently stands, it needs a JTAG and VisualDSP++ so it's not really "accessible" to the average shredder.

I don't really have time to work on this anymore, but it's a shame to throw away the code.
FYI - I haven't had to accept a EULA in any of this, but I can't comment on the legality of it.

Is anyone even interested in this (or other jail-break like) functionality?
If so then maybe I can set up a repo or something.

~ Robert

P.S. here's a shot of a patch that works well:
https://www.facebook.com/meansend/photos/pb.139552232736928.-2207520000.1427914356./1104046096287532

I'd like to see what this looks like in practice, just out of curiosity. Mind taking a few pics of what is actually showing on the Axe's display?

I also ported the Digitech 2101, firmware onto the axe-ii on a separate partition, works great. I added the tube preamp to it also. :)

I am glad I am not alone in porting FWs. I just finished today porting AxeFX FW to Pod HD. My keyboard just broke today, so I had to dictate the FW into the Pod with a microphone. Too bad I had to do it in binary instead of hex.

Not sure if elaborate april fools joke

Se7Lhra.jpg

if its real, thats really interesting stuff. If not, still pretty interesting that you managed to make the screen look like a pod.

Sigh. April Fool's Day on the net is tiresome. The jokes are rarely funny. Stuff often gets read a couple of days after the fact and gets weird. No matter how retarded a joke is someone will take it seriously. Some strange but true stuff gets written off. etc. This is in the "obvious" category for those of you who have even the slightest understanding of modeling.

Moral of the story: Every day is April Fool's Day on the internet.

You'll have to excuse me I have to get back to working on my iOS port for the AxeFx.

Hahaha... I ported POD fw to my Axe-Fx II.....

It's like playing Donkey Kong on my 75" UHD tv.... Just 160 squares on the whole screen :D

Back
Top Bottom