Axe-FX haunted unit

lp59

Experienced
My XL sends random PC to my RJM GT16 during playing, making it impossible to use with the GT.
I did a reset system and a reset system params, same issue.
I tried disabling send sysex, other midi cables, even Axe-edit don't want to open, it goes to pause immediately.
If I disconnect midi bidirectionnal in the RJM, with no midi out from the Axe to the RJM it's fine, but I need of course the bi-di or midi out from the XL.
An idea?

Also, some of the MIDI commands in the RJM's Setup menu are not applicable when you've configured the RJM for use with the Axe-Fx. For example, you can disable Bidirectional MIDI and MIDI Receive channel, and the RJM will still function correctly.

Disable midi thru/mfc echo and usb adapter mode
These are the settings I have.

@yek if I disable bidirectional Midi the GT won't show the blocks status with a single Midi cable. And without a receive Midi channel and merge checked, I can't use my iPad. (Explained below)
Things seems to calm down with the haunted PC, probably because the RJM midi bidirectional don't work anymore (checked with other bidi cables). The GT don't reflect the IA status anymore, if I use 2 midi cables it works fine.

When checking midi merge on the GT (I use it with my iPad plugged in the GT USB port to send PC from the OnSong application) the Axe is acting weird: the midi in led stays green receiving data continuously, even with nothing connected to the GT USB port and the Axe screen go to Layout screen without me recalling it.

I'm afraid there's something wrong with the XL and/or the GT16.

I would be glad if I could isolate the problem, hopping I don't have both units down.

So if the axefx doesn't perform the culprit midi thru it's the mmgt that sends back what it receives to the axefx

Back
Top Bottom