axe fx has an intrusive LOUD hum

oloxhossono

I have no idea how to troubleshoot this but, whenever i put any signal from my guitar into my axe fx this really buzzy hum comes on as soon as i open the gate. I've tried multiple guitars so I eliminated that possibility. any ideas? bad cables? I'm using XLR cables from my axe fx firectly into my monitors. any help would be appreciated

Does it hum without any cable connected at the input, and without cables and using headphones? If it doesn't, then it is not from the Axe-FX but probably from cables and guitar.

Last edited:
If this is not present when nothing is plugged into the Axe then it’s probably external.

Start with a different cable, any change?

Remove all external connections, except guitar, including monitors and check with headphones only.

When rolling down the volume on the Guitar does it disappear completely?

As a test, turn off all appliances, especially PC’s, TV’s, Refrigerators, anything that may have switching power-supplies or motors, any change?

Rotate guitar in the room horizontally 360°, any change?

Grounding of power mains ok?

Tried a ground-lift on the Axe?

Do you have the USB cable connected to your computer?

I was experiencing something similar (a hum and slight buzzing/crackling) and it I found it went away as soon as I disconnected the USB cable.

It was not the cable since it went away after connecting to a newer computer.

I am assuming my older computer was having the issues since the sound issue did not come back on the newer computer.

Could it just be the amp? I have the same thing going on and wondering if it's just the amp settings I have idk

Back
Top Bottom