Axe Fx / Gator GSR-2U studio 2 Go rack bag / anyone own or tried it?

Semih,

I just got my GSR-2U yesterday and the Axe FX fits perfectly. I haven't tried to leave the power cord plugged in but there are right-angled solutions to that if you need it.

I use a Gator GRB-4U, and it fits in the overhead compartment of a 727 or larger... it won't fit in some of the smaller commuter planes overhead compartments...

I've traveled all over the world with that as my carry on, fits the axe fx and a ground control pro perfectly for me. Problem is i've owned 4 of them and the zippers have broken on all of them. I dread every time TSA opens my bag at the airport now as i'm not sure it'll close again.

I have the Gator 4U. It's super convenient and I love it. Except....

My only beef with it is the screws that hold the fabric are VERY short. What I mean is, where the carrying handles meet the fabric, there is a screw there. A day or so after I got mine and had my gear installed in it, I picked up the rack bag by one handle and the screw pulled right out of the plastic/wood/whatever makes up the shell. I say its partially my fault for being a dumbass and pulling all the weight from one handle, but at the same time, they could have at least had the screws sink in a little more. Ended up having to rescrew the handle back in an inch from the original hole since it was not going to stay in. After changing my habits since then, I've had no problems with mine.

You may read a lot about having to get a 90 degree angle power cable for the Axe FX, and that's true. The stock power cable sticks out too much and the back won't close. Same with 1/4" instrument cables for the back. If you want to the quickest pack-up-'n-go setup, you'll need 90 degree cables for anything that plugs into the back of the Axe.

I use the 3 rack space Gator. It has the pull out handle with wheels. Used for over a year now. The top pouch does not have a hard top to protect your LT if you leave it in. Also soft front and back wont protect your gear in the event it gets a sharp blow.

I used the 3 rack bag for a couple of years; works fine.

I switched to the poly rack case though, as it provides more protection, and is easier to get cords in and out of the plug spaces. The zippered flap on the back of the cloth racks can be a bit of a nuisance when you're trying to see what you're doing to plug things up on a dark stage. With the poly racks, the front and back completely remove, and are out of the way.

I used the 3 rack bag for a couple of years; works fine.

I switched to the poly rack case though, as it provides more protection, and is easier to get cords in and out of the plug spaces. The zippered flap on the back of the cloth racks can be a bit of a nuisance when you're trying to see what you're doing to plug things up on a dark stage. With the poly racks, the front and back completely remove, and are out of the way.
Agreed bro! The dang flaps do get in the way. I mounted my 1 RU power amp below the AXE on my 3 space. Of course, with the wheel housing and handle mount (3 RU with handle and rollers), you CAN'T install any 1 RU below the Axe due to clearance issues....so...I cut out the top flange to allow the Axe to go all the way up to the top which gives me space for the 1 RU amp below.

I just received my gator GSR-2U and it's beyond my expectations ! I love it
The rear of the axefx2xl+ is not even touching the bottom of the bag.
The only flaw I could tell, if it mattered to me is the fact that the laptop pouch is closed, except the hole between it and the rack zone, but you can't use it because the axe is closing it ^^
I put the little velcros to secure my eeepc, cables etc, like three sockets in the laptop zone, really great !

Back
Top Bottom