Axe FX Frozen

Fortunately you can emergency boot by holding down Page Left and Page Right while turning the power on.

Didn't know about an emergency reboot! Is that somewhere in the manual? What does it do exactly?
I have some screen freezes for some months now (happens once out of ten start ups or so). When it happens I always reboot normally and then it works. It makes me nervous for gigs and rehearsals though. In case it doesn't start up anymore does the emergency boot always make it work? Or is that not what it is intended to do and is it only for FW troubles?

Didn't know about an emergency reboot! Is that somewhere in the manual? What does it do exactly?
I have some screen freezes for some months now (happens once out of ten start ups or so). When it happens I always reboot normally and then it works. It makes me nervous for gigs and rehearsals though. In case it doesn't start up anymore does the emergency boot always make it work? Or is that not what it is intended to do and is it only for FW troubles?

That is a different issue.

The emergency boot is only for XL and XL+ models. Mark 1 and 2 need the physical EPROM and jumper for an emergency boot.

I hardwired the jumper pins on mine to a micro toggle switch on the back of the AFII. Didn't want to have to un-rack and remove the lid to recover. Yeah...I know...warranty and what not, but I bought it used anyway.

Btw, it might also be a preset that is corrupted on Fw18 for whatever reason. Remember that the Axe stores at which preset it was when turning off/on.

So before you update again (if you're down to FW17), make sure to select an empty preset before updating, just to rule that possibility out.

Is there an 'firmware update guide for dummies'? I've not done this before and would like a step-by-step guide in order to ease my trepidation. I didn't see anything in the wiki. Perhaps I wasn't seeking the right keywords. :pride:

I always have the latest Fractal Bot first installed, then I install the Firmware for Axe II then I install the Editor. That way has worked 100% of the time so far.

Unless you're on Mac 10.6.8. Then you have to keep the old bot as the new requires 10.7.xx

I understand that many forum members feel they had heard enough of “Let It Go” after the first listen… but no joke, for a beginning guitar player like me, trying to track Ms. Menzel’s vocal line with some degree of expressiveness is a pretty good practice exercise. Anything that helps someone at my elementary playing level get used to moving around the fretboard by ear is a step in the right direction.

(I'm not getting on your case, Genome… you made me laugh!)

Anyone else think this thread was going to be a guitar cover of Let It Go?

Yes...first thing that crossed my mind!

frozen_AxeFX.jpg

This might be a long shot, but when I first got my axe fx, the face plate kinda bit into the buttons a bit and caused them to stick. If one of the NAV buttons was sticking while I powered up, it would load after about twice the normal length of time and then all presets would be blank and empty.

I hardwired the jumper pins on mine to a micro toggle switch on the back of the AFII. Didn't want to have to un-rack and remove the lid to recover. Yeah...I know...warranty and what not, but I bought it used anyway.

So after you hardwired to the pins with switch, do you still need the Eprom? If it fails is it just toggle back and forth? Is that a new one that needs to get installed? If so why just on first failure? Is there any saveable/printable instructions to this? Thanks Sorry for the questions.

Back
Top Bottom