Axe FX Freezing after changing patches

adildo

Inspired
been having a problem recently. the Axe FX has been freezing after a while when changing patches.
If i stay on one patch it seems ok. but if i start scrolling past patch 65 or so, it seems to hang and i have to restart it.have tried updating, but it still doesn't help. am not sure what to do next. have a few shows coming up, so any help would be great

thanks!

Do u download others patches from the web frequently? I've found wrapping some latex around the USB before plugging into the port will give your machine some good safe protection

Thanks bread! I’ve had this happen before, and fixed it with Igor’s suggestion. But I hadn’t considered the possibility of a corrupt user IR.
It makes me ask: could a factory IR become corrupt (in which case only re-uploading the firmware *would* fix it)?

Happend to me few times, seems like corrupted preset. Updating won't help. Try to diagnoze on which exactly preset Axe Freeze, and clear that preset, or overwrite it with other one.
actually i just downloaded a preset. and i know which number it was . patch 065. i tried swapping it with another preset but still freezing. how do i permanently delete a patch ??

Thanks bread! I’ve had this happen before, and fixed it with Igor’s suggestion. But I hadn’t considered the possibility of a corrupt user IR.
It makes me ask: could a factory IR become corrupt (in which case only re-uploading the firmware *would* fix it)?

I don't think their is any difference between a factory IR and a User IR, other than the storage location and permissions.

Try swapping out the IR with a different one and see if the problem goes away.

I don't think their is any difference between a factory IR and a User IR, other than the storage location and permissions.

Try swapping out the IR with a different one and see if the problem goes away.

ive tried swapping out patch 065 with another one, but it still hangs when i scroll past that particular number

if i stay below 065 scrolling seems to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom