Axe FX freezes after updating firmware

Coldsummer

Experienced
I updated the firmware to 10.09 using Fractal Bot. Everything went as it should, but now my AFX freezes randomly (about 5 times in 20 minutes). Screen locks up, no audio and none of the controls work. One time the screen went completely blank. Switch it off and on again and it seems to work ok for a while. Not using Axe edit.

Anybody else experience this?

I'll try reloading fw again to see if that helps.

No, different ones. Although I had been auditioning some patches I had just downloaded after updating fw and editing levels in the amp blocks via the front panel.

Dammit, still happening.

Wonder if it's the new USB driver, I installed that before the FW update? I'm not using the AFX as an audio device though, but it is routed through my mac via a motu 8 pre firewire interface which is the primary audio output device. Connected to a Mac on 10.7.5.

Dammit, still happening.

Wonder if it's the new USB driver, I installed that before the FW update? I'm not using the AFX as an audio device though, but it is routed through my mac via a motu 8 pre firewire interface which is the primary audio output device. Connected to a Mac on 10.7.5.

I'd like to know the correct way of installing the new driver. How exactly do you install it on a Mac?
Are you supposed to find and delete the old driver first, or does the new driver automatically overwrite the old one?

Yeah, I have had the Screen go Blank about an hour or so ago myself. I unplugged the USB cable and it has not done it since.

Mine has frozen up on A081 Hell's Glokenspiels on 3 different occasions. 1st time my unit has ever frozen up, had to turn it off then turn it back on to start working again. screen just went blank again as I was typing this?

I didn't delete the old driver, just installed the new one. Maybe I should do a clean install?

First time I've ever encountered problems like this.

i could not get the driver to work. Just reinstalled the old one. All good now. Never had a problem with the Axe though. Just did´nt get it as a audio in/out device with the new drivers. I´m on 10.6.8, so i guess it does not meet the requirements.

i could not get the driver to work. Just reinstalled the old one. All good now. Never had a problem with the Axe though. Just did´nt get it as a audio in/out device with the new drivers. I´m on 10.6.8, so i guess it does not meet the requirements.

Where can you find the previous driver, my unit keeps crashing with the new driver.

Having the same issue myself, every 10-15 minutes (sometimes longer) I lose audio playback and the AXE is frozen, sometimes with the screen going blank.

On 10.8.4 Mountain Lion.

I updated the firmware to 10.09 using Fractal Bot. Everything went as it should, but now my AFX freezes randomly (about 5 times in 20 minutes). Screen locks up, no audio and none of the controls work. One time the screen went completely blank. Switch it off and on again and it seems to work ok for a while.
Anybody else experience this?

Yep, it happened to me too. (I'm using a PC)

I upgraded to the new USB driver before updating to 10.09, using the latest version of Fractal Bot.

I messed around with the buffer settings. Not sure if it is supposed to make a difference, but it seemed to help (so far)

I had a freeze incident after updating the firmware over the weekend from 10.06.

I went to rehearsal last night and started the AxeFX. It started, but froze after booting on one my custom patches. Segment one of the output LED's were lit, but it was passing no signal. A power cycle from the rocker switch front panel brought it back.

I did not have the USB connected.
I did not have my MFC connected either.
The only thing I can think of is that the RME FireFace UFX Midi out spewed some data to the AxeFX that caused it to lock.

I have not had this happen before the 10.09 update.

I'll post back if I can duplicate it.

John

This is happening to me as well. While I have the USB hooked up (only for axe-edit) I use another audio device for monitoring/playback. Never had this prior to this latest patch.

It hasn't been specific to a patch as far as I can see. Cycling the unit fixes it.

edit: I don't remember if I had axe-edit running the previous times it hung. The last time it was for sure. I'll note it next time. It seems to happen every few hours.

These problems are kind of problematic (natch) if you don't list what you're using:

-Platform (Win/Mac), and OS level
-If you did/did NOT install driver
-Custom presets and/or downloaded presets?

More information is good. 'It doesn't work' accomplishes nothing to help troubleshoot or identify any bug/compatibility issue. And did you really read the release notes? If you're downrev on anything, and expect it to work...problematic.

Always willing to help, but list it all, and we can troubleshoot.

R

Hmm, I was away for a few days so haven't updated yet. After multiple reports of freezing and other odd behavior, I think I'm gonna hold off until it's sorted.

It's the new USB driver. I was having the same issue. PC/WIN7 64bit. Installed the new USB driver, then installed the new 10.09 Firmware. Axe was freezing on all types of presets, custom, downloaded etc. Unplugged my USB and everything cleared up. Uninstalled the new USB driver, reinstalled the old driver (1.50) and all is right with the world again. BTW, my Acid Pro DAW software couldn't see the new Axe USB driver, after uninstall and reinstall of the old driver, it was back. It's the driver... :)

Back
Top Bottom