Axe-Fx Firmware Version 8.00

I would love the ability to copy and paste a scene from one preset to another preset.

This makes sense for a completely blank preset, but agree with @JoKeR III then it gets very complex.

It would be theoretically possible to copy a scene to a preset that has the exact same block layout+types, but there can be collisions that are non-trivial to resolve. Does the scene to be copied simply change the channel selection and bypass states or can it also overwrite what is in each channel and thus affect existing scenes with those channels selected?

Situations where the destination preset layout is different from the scene to be copied is not uniquely solvable due to routing/merging/duplication complexity.

It would be theoretically possible to copy a scene to a preset that has the exact same block layout+types, but there can be collisions that are non-trivial to resolve.
Oh yes.

Does the scene to be copied simply change the channel selection and bypass states or can it also overwrite what is in each channel and thus affect existing scenes with those channels selected?
That would be a step beyond what scenes are capable of.

This is what I love about FAS, constantly improving even when it seems improvement is not necessary. People and companies that strive to get better when they're already considered to be the best are the ones who will continue to set the bar. They are the ones who are truly passionate about what they do and it shows.

Those who choose to revel in their latest accomplishment typically get left behind or become irrelevant. They usually have knee-jerk reactions that respond to innovation instead of seeking to create it.

Liking this firmware a lot. Some of the issues I was having with controlling low end, along with some of the high-end issues I was having - gone. Really good feel. Thank you!

Last edited:
scene swap. does it work? i just tried swapping a scene with another and my delay bypass states weren't correct. I haven't done some exhaustive testing. So does it work for you?

Exactly, it was found to be some errors in the open loop gain calculation that was introduced in 7.00. This made me roll back to 6.04 because my personal patches are so dialed in. I hear this is fixed now. I'm sure it's not a big deal to just report and roll back on the firmwares. It's just scary for me right now because I am still new to my Axe III. And the 7.00 change in my tone was terrifying. :eek: I really love my current tone.

Just SAVE and if you no likey #8, roll back. Takes 15-20 mins.

To FAS: thanks again !!! :)

Back
Top Bottom