Axe-Fx Firmware Version 8.00

Alright... I really like whatever it is that's changed.

The low strings seem to have a certain depth or dimension or something. Nice and resonant!

Loaded it up with only about 20 minutes to play, but I like it!

Thanks!

I will be playing more later tonight
:D

The Edge just messaged me, “Tell them, if they love 8, they are going to go bonkers for 19, when Cliff makes it available to them, in 2021. I can’t get enough of it!!”

Here's the reamped clips I posted in my video re-done for the full release. FW 7 first and then FW 8 in each clip.

I'd be interested to hear the difference by inverting the phase on one of the channels. This will give us only the changed sound. It may be so subtle we wont hear it but doesnt mean it's not doing some sort of magic.

Just downloaded. Download was about 2 minutes. Played through my gig presets at room volume for about an hour or so. My JTM45 sounded punchier - really captures the mid 70's ZZ top vibe. The AC-30 sounds brighter. The higher gain presets like the Marshall 800 #34 and Friedman HBE sound slightly more articulate. Pretty stoked. All amps seem improved. I may tweak the EQ a bit here and there but I won't be able tell until I play at gig volume.

FAS Thanks for the great updates. I love the scene swap feature. BUT I would love the ability to copy and paste a scene from one preset to another preset.

FAS Thanks for the great updates. I love the scene swap feature. BUT I would love the ability to copy and paste a scene from one preset to another preset.
How would that even work though. If the preset that you copied the scene from has different blocks than the target preset, not sure how that would be handled.

hi all,

Just installed. I agree: chewier & creamier...may be a bit more clarity too. That's the feeling I had from 7.01.

Still have the same question about resetting amp.:
  • I think not need to make an amp reset, as I feel the amp tone is improving just selecting my presets.
  • I tried resetting to be sure, but seems to not change anything for tone..

Correct for you ?

You're probably not going to get much in the way of support or helpful responses without knowing a bit more about what you're specifically wanting to do; i.e. keep the same effect models or just the blocks. Channel selections or on/off states or both. Scenes encompass an incredibly broad range of possibilities that there needs to be a little more information.

Back
Top Bottom