Axe-Fx Firmware Version 8.00

Ever since upgrading to 8.0 I'm getting what sounds like clock drift. Every couple of minutes I'll get a bunch of digitial distortion that starts off small and then ramps up really loud and then disappears. Whole process takes maybe a second or two.

Clock source is a Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen, connected to the Axe FX via S/PDIF.

Gonna try rebooting both units (and host computer to boot) and see if anything improves.

Wait a minute, when I went to sleep last night 8.00 was in beta now when I woke up this morning its full release! Thanks FAS top notch service as always. Shame I'm stuck at work all day before I can install it.

It seems I'm definitely at the limits of my ability to tell differences in the amps between these firmware updates. Maybe if I could instantly AB them while playing....

Since firmware 7 I've not been able to put my guitar down, everything just feels great and v8 continues the trend, it sounds a little bit more open than 7 but I'm splitting hairs now so I'll just go back to playing :)

I have rised presence and neg FB everywhere, so I get plenty of highs and I can crank the tone control on the strat and make the tone jump out and right into my face or I turn the knob back and have my tone sink back.
With this FW the sound jumps off the loudspeakers and is in the room (oh no, never say in the room here ;-) ).
Now is that a placebo? Has it been that good in 7.xx? Changes made to the neg FB circuit?

I don't know whether it was just some weirdness with my hearing, but I thought 7.02b was off. It felt wrong somehow. This one sounds/feels glorious to play.

I have rised presence and neg FB everywhere, so I get plenty of highs and I can crank the tone control on the strat and make the tone jump out and right into my face or I turn the knob back and have my tone sink back.
With this FW the sound jumps off the loudspeakers and is in the room (oh no, never say in the room here ;-) ).
Now is that a placebo? Has it been that good in 7.xx? Changes made to the neg FB circuit?
Maybe ^^

Back
Top Bottom