Axe-Fx Firmware Version 8.00

Exactly, it was found to be some errors in the open loop gain calculation that was introduced in 7.00. This made me roll back to 6.04 because my personal patches are so dialed in. I hear this is fixed now. I'm sure it's not a big deal to just report and roll back on the firmwares. It's just scary for me right now because I am still new to my Axe III. And the 7.00 change in my tone was terrifying. :eek: I really love my current tone.

I was talking about Axe-Fx II FW 6.0 :)

I haven't been playing with the Axe-Fx III in a couple of months and I just installed 8.00.
I need some verification from you guys.
I tried to create a SRV preset tonight and the TS808 and TS808 MOD sounded off to me. Way too much high end and too much distortion. I hope it's just me :D

I tried to create a SRV preset tonight and the TS808 and TS808 MOD sounded off to me. Way too much high end and too much distortion. I hope it's just me

The drives weren't changed for this update, but how do you have them set?

Last edited:
I haven't been playing with the Axe-Fx III in a couple of months and I just installed 8.00.
I tried to create a SRV preset tonight and the TS808 and TS808 MOD sounded off to me. Way too much high end and too much distortion. I hope it's just me :D
Care to share the preset?

I haven't noticed any change and I run something similar

I’m using those all the time and they sound good.

I just spent an hour to dial it in. Finally I was able to. Defaults settings are way too dark and the diodes needed to be changed as well, but finally I got it!

Defaults settings are way too dark and the diodes needed to be changed as well, but finally I got it!
I'm missing what you are saying. Before you said there was way too much high end, but this post says they are too dark. Is that because you started from scratch with new blocks?

I'm missing what you are saying. Before you said there was way too much high end, but this post says they are too dark. Is that because you started from scratch with new blocks?

Good point!
Originally, I heard sizzling in the tone, which came from having too much distortion and I was referencing to that as high end (8K+).
Then I took my 808 pedal and compared it to that. The pedal has less sizzling, less distortion, but it had a glassier tone (5K ish?).

Also the pedal volume on 10 is about 6.5 in the drive block, which also makes a difference.
The drive at 0 is higher in drive block than in the real pedal.

Disclaimer: compared to my specific pedal

If I strum a chord then select the TMA block that is in the preset I get this nasty click. It can be tested with preset 358 S1 (RockMeOn). It happens in other presets that have the TMA block for other users too.

If I strum a chord then select the TMA block that is in the preset I get this nasty click.

By "select the TMA block" do you mean editing it (e.g. via AF3 Edit button) or when you un-bypass it?

When editing it (sometimes using page right/left) I can get some artifacts. This sometimes happens on other blocks too. But this doesn't affect playing/performing.

I mean just selecting it on the grid in Axe Edit. This artifact is much louder than others and would be a problem at gig levels (in the rare case that someone would during a gig ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom