Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.02 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouah,
My second post to this thread: I just tested the advanced gate mode in the input block.
I notice a remarkable difference in sound between the easy mode and the advanced mode. I have the impression that new harmonics are "released" with the advanced mode. am I going crazy or not?

Agreed but it prevents apples-to-oranges comparisons and then the inevitable "it doesn't sound the same as my amp!!!".
Whats next, modeling busted tubes, torn speaker cones, bad cords, humidity… Come to think of it, a “Busted Cab IR Pack” sounds interesting…

wouah,
My second post to this thread: I just tested the advanced gate mode in the input block.
I notice a remarkable difference in sound between the easy mode and the advanced mode. I have the impression that new harmonics are "released" with the advanced mode. am I going crazy or not?
No you are right I notice it too. The tone change when you set easy or advanced , and whatever you do in advanced mode cannot give you the tone from the « easy » one . Strange hm?
Globally I had to turn down the ratio in all my gate settings, it seems that the « new gate » amplified the action of the ratio. I mean, now your old settings will have too much ratio and you will have weird artefacts . But yeah your right 👍🏻

Last edited:
The thing I try to set is to have zero noise while playing but to not have the weird frequency when you palm mute a note, and it is not possible yet. You are obliged to set up the ratio high to be noise free, but while doing this, you have the « robotic artefact » when you palm mute. So I decide to let the noise run to not have it, I set the ratio to the point you have no noise while not playing only, but yeah the noise still there 🤷. It is better than before I think. Cleaning a high gain signal, having the whole sustain at the same time and having no noise in the end of the note… Maybe it’s impossible .

The new 6160 are great, the drive knob seems to act better than before in them .

The new shred in the input boost gives you an instant chuggy tone with whatever head , funny 😊

Last edited:
Factory Preset 39
39 was ods100 on mine for some reason, which sounds great. Brown was on 40 for me, and it is crazy peaking loud like you mentioned. I haven't changed anything since the last updated batch was released. I reset the amp block like he mentioned and the level came back down to what you would expect. Just make sure to copy the settings most important to you to add back in. They may not have changed that amp, but something in the modeling obviously changed. I think it sounds better after the tweaks, personally FWTW.

39 was ods100 on mine for some reason, which sounds great. Brown was on 40 for me, and it is crazy peaking loud like you mentioned. I haven't changed anything since the last updated batch was released. I reset the amp block like he mentioned and the level came back down to what you would expect. Just make sure to copy the settings most important to you to add back in. They may not have changed that amp, but something in the modeling obviously changed. I think it sounds better after the tweaks, personally FWTW.
I need to get in the habit of resetting amp blocks and restoring factory presets after updates…

I need to get in the habit of resetting amp blocks and restoring factory presets after updates…
Seems like it is generally not "needed", but sometimes it may be like this one. I have gotten into the habit of resetting any time something is strange. I admit to have wasted so much time doing so when it wasn't needed. haha

You have the preset offset on so your preset number starts at 1 instead of 0.

Seems like it is generally not "needed", but sometimes it may be like this one. I have gotten into the habit of resetting any time something is strange. I admit to have wasted so much time doing so when it wasn't needed. haha
^^^ This!!!!!

If something changes in that amp or maybe like the Speaker thump (might think about all amps then) it could be a good idea.

For me I know my settings pretty closely and can and do, dial them with my eyes closed (ears not eyes) when a change is needed. Usually I can set the changed settings (like the Speaker thump) to the new default rather than reset an Amp block when the amp itself was not reset. I know we have the auto reset for certain settings like this, but again I know my tones all too well and can tell when a small change has happened or is needed. 9 out of 10 times things don't change enough for me to reset the block and I can change a DB here or there, or a certain setting 1 or 2 more or less, from before, pretty easily and quickly.

Here's a fun preset I did up on the new beta while watching a Khruangbin rig rundown. Its configured for a Stereo FRFR setup. Turn off the Phase reverse in the delay if you want to run mono. Made for a Stratty single coil output level and remember he rarely has his guitar volume wide open.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Khruangin!.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom