Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

Hi, to all. I've been reading the various guesses as to what Mr. Chase and his team are planning for the next update with great interest. However, it's my sincere hope, that were an announcement to the effect that indeed, there will be no more Axe-Fx lll updates forthcoming, most of us would still feel happy to own the world's best guitar processor, and feel indebted to Mr. Chase and his team for giving us more than we could have imagined, already! - Brian Cooper, Shinkai Studio, Japan.

I think it could be GUI related
Perhaps they are overhauling AXE Edit and changing it to the mods or tweaks page Cliff was talking about in Nov as he hated the ideal page

Maybe larger display fonts that
AdminM was showing several months back

The other option is new algorithm that requires measuring the amps or certain components because that takes a ton of time

We will find out …well soon

I think it could be GUI related
Perhaps they are overhauling AXE Edit and changing it to the mods or tweaks page Cliff was talking about in Nov as he hated the ideal page

Maybe larger display fonts that
AdminM was showing several months back
I hope you're right about this!

PS: or maybe, even better, the cab block update is just a small part of a general GUI overhaul.

The Axe-Fx 3 doesn't really "need" any fixes at this point. They can always add more CPU. I guess there are amps, pedals, or rack effects to add. I originally wanted a real mic pre to make the vocoder more useful, but now I believe its going beyond the point of it. Everyone would want different pre amps, or it would drive the cost an size way up. I am just saving up for a BAE 1073 to shove in the rack. Done.

The Axe-Fx 3 doesn't really "need" any fixes at this point. They can always add more CPU. I guess there are amps, pedals, or rack effects to add. I originally wanted a real mic pre to make the vocoder more useful, but now I believe its going beyond the point of it. Everyone would want different pre amps, or it would drive the cost an size way up. I am just saving up for a BAE 1073 to shove in the rack. Done.
If you have a 500 series chassis, grab these and thank me later! I had 2 channels out of one of the 1073s from Sunset Sound and dumped them after I got a pair of these. They are Neve all the way and the carnhills put them over the top.

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/AML-16-021_extended_info.html

Why on Earth would the IV be coming out soon when the FM3, the FM9, and the Turbo are all relatively newer units?
The past generations have had a good 8 year run, plus the 3 was made with plenty of room for further updates.
As far as a new firmware update, that’s for Cliff and team on whatever they’re doing. We seem to have been spoiled anticipating updates every couple of weeks. Just enjoy your awesome tones and play guitar, and when the next release comes, then say thank you and go back to your tweaking.
Not only that but it's still the best unit on the market.

If version 21.01 was the last update we ever got, I'd be just fine with it. But I have to admit I'm suffering from some mild New Firmware withdrawal symptoms.

Funny we all joke about Fractal playing for us but AI Music is right around the corner. So many things coming out that basically play for you.
I just obtained some AI photography software that not only sharpens photos using the data in the image, but also goes out to its global database, figures out what it's a picture of, and uses a bunch of the pictures from the DB to inform the sharpening process. The software thinks, "ah, yes, a picture of a tiger. Based on these 5000 pictures of tigers, I'm going to sharpen this picture up to look correct, adding detail that wasn't present in the original photo."

Once Cliff gets a hold of that code, my Axe is going to start figuring "This idiot is trying to play 'Little Wing' again. Least I can do is add the inexplicably missing compression, and maybe fill in some of these hammer-ons he never nails." Frankly, I can't wait.

If already mentioned in the 17 pages of comments but I notice the AXE EDIT does not show the easy or advanced mode for the input gate and does not show the knee parameter for the Gate/Expander Modern Expander. I see these functions when accessing the blocks from the AXE FX itself but not on the online Editor.

Back
Top Bottom