Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.01

Why on Earth would the IV be coming out soon when the FM3, the FM9, and the Turbo are all relatively newer units?
The past generations have had a good 8 year run, plus the 3 was made with plenty of room for further updates.
As far as a new firmware update, that’s for Cliff and team on whatever they’re doing. We seem to have been spoiled anticipating updates every couple of weeks. Just enjoy your awesome tones and play guitar, and when the next release comes, then say thank you and go back to your tweaking.
I get why someone would be worried about it. Nobody wants to buy something right before it gets discontinued. It is not always clear when that will happen with any company, maybe especially FAS. These people just need to hear more about people still using the original units, ultra, or AX8 with killer results even after being "replaced". FAS seems a bit different in that the old products still sound great. Of course, the newer generations have more options, CPU, etc. I was the same 6 months ago. I purposely waited to make my first purchase for a couple months, trying to figure out if I should wait for the Axe-Fx IV. My wife bought me the FM3 for my birthday. It sounded so good I threw caution to the wind and grabbed the big boy. I realized that I don't care when the next one comes out. I will just buy that one too. I will hang on the my AF3 mkii T until I likely realize I need another. haha If they don't release another product, I am completely content to hang on to what I've got until it dies. I don't even bother playing the amps anymore, which is just crazy.

I get why someone would be worried about it. Nobody wants to buy something right before it gets discontinued. It is not always clear when that will happen with any company, maybe especially FAS. These people just need to hear more about people still using the original units, ultra, or AX8 with killer results even after being "replaced". FAS seems a bit different in that the old products still sound great. Of course, the newer generations have more options, CPU, etc. I was the same 6 months ago. I purposely waited to make my first purchase for a couple months, trying to figure out if I should wait for the Axe-Fx IV. My wife bought me the FM3 for my birthday. It sounded so good I threw caution to the wind and grabbed the big boy. I realized that I don't care when the next one comes out. I will just buy that one too. I will hang on the my AF3 mkii T until I likely realize I need another. haha If they don't release another product, I am completely content to hang on to what I've got until it dies. I don't even bother playing the amps anymore, which is just crazy.
I'm pretty certain the person who asked already has an Axe Fx III... He's not asking because of a purchasing decision.

I agree, and I’ve been there. I had the Ultra since 2008. Bought the IIXL+ and barely 10 days later the III came out. At first I wasn’t really thrilled that happened. Yes, it continued updates for awhile and it’s a great piece of gear… but, after a couple years, I bought the III MKII.
Just because a new FAS product comes out, it doesn’t make the older one all of a sudden no good anymore. Yes, I ‘get it’ that we want (not need) the latest and greatest. A great tone, although inspirational, doesn’t make you a great player… and while some is necessary, nor does tweaking 4 hours a day searching for some magical mojo… constructive practice does.
I’ll be happy with what we have now for years to come. It’ll always sound great until it no longer works and can’t be fixed.

I agree, and I’ve been there. I had the Ultra since 2008. Bought the IIXL+ and barely 10 days later the III came out. At first I wasn’t really thrilled that happened. Yes, it continued updates for awhile and it’s a great piece of gear… but, after a couple years, I bought the III MKII.
Just because a new FAS product comes out, it doesn’t make the older one all of a sudden no good anymore. Yes, I ‘get it’ that we want (not need) the latest and greatest. A great tone, although inspirational, doesn’t make you a great player… and while some is necessary, nor does tweaking 4 hours a day searching for some magical mojo… constructive practice does.
I’ll be happy with what we have now for years to come. It’ll always sound great until it no longer works and can’t be fixed.
This!
I recorded that track over 10 years ago with a Axe Standard.
I did use a Friedman HBE for rhythm (guitar double tracked ) and a PVH 6160 for lead.

Last edited:
I personally can't wait for the IV to come out !! That way I can leave the III permanently hooked up to the loud rig,
and use the IV at the desk with the Adams. icon_yes.gif

When the IV come are allll off the users automaticliy are 1000% better guitarplayer :cool:
Why can`t we wait ....must always use the newest shit to be hip makes me sick...

20 years from now people will be clamoring to buy used Axe Standards to get that "vintage Fractal" sound, lol. (Your track sounds great, BTW.)
I still legitimately think that the preset "The Planets" sounds better on the Ultra thanon the later units. Of course better is subjective, but the inferior pitch shifting had a really cool vibe to it.

Possible bug: Changing preamp tubes results in loud pop and adjusting preamp bias results in clicks when using the Double Verb Silver

Possible bug: Changing preamp tubes results in loud pop and adjusting preamp bias results in clicks when using the Double Verb Silver
Changing preamp Tube Type often results in pops on many amp models. I don't think that's considered a bug.

Other settings can also cause pops or other artifacts. That's part of the reason many amp controls don't allow modifier assignment...

Changing preamp Tube Type often results in pops on many amp models. I don't think that's considered a bug.

Other settings can also cause pops or other artifacts. That's part of the reason many amp controls don't allow modifier assignment...
OK, thanks. I found it odd because it wasn’t happening on other models.

Back
Top Bottom