Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
FW 21 IIC++ test.
No low or hi cuts has been applied anywhere.
It sounds more real than ever IMO.

I think this sounds great! Loads of bark and not overly fizzy at all!
Petrucciā€™s tone is more rock than metal IMO, heā€™s always set it for max definition and articulation but not very aggressive sounding.
Then again, not a huge DT fan here (like their 2nd and SFAM OK) .
They are generally too ā€œon the noseā€ for me.

the only amp I would use boost in axe or in real life is for recto.
In general, I donĀ“t like od pedals, only pure amp gain.
If the amp has not right gain structure and response without OD, itĀ“s not the amp for me.
The amps thatā€™s sound good for metal by default are only a few .

I see they released a 25w version of the badlander this week. I am curious about this amp since the beginning. In Europe I donā€™t even know if they were available just one time. Thatā€™s crazy ā€¦ that mondial component thing is such a bore

FW 21 IIC++ test.
No low or hi cuts has been applied anywhere.
It sounds more real than ever IMO.

sounds great. absolutely fine. right amount of sizzle and rawness that tone should have. actually, makes me wanna play around with the IIC+ and that's from someone who doesn't like any of those Boogie metal tones at all...
in the end it's all a question of taste really and if you like what you're hearing that's all that matters...

Petrucciā€™s tone is more rock than metal IMO

Same here, though I do like his playing. My favorite Metal tones at the moment are from Meshuggah's recent few albums. I don't know what they use, but I will say that the delicious Diesel-flavored snippets posted on this forum during the firmware 21b7 "Dieselgate" flame wars (kidding; it wasn't that combative) really made me take notice because I immediately thought of Meshuggah. So, to me really good Metal tones ā€“ at the moment, not forever ā€“ are e.g. "Phantoms", "God Sees In Mirrors", "Clockworks", "MonstroCity", etc.

AFX3 nails that shit! With a bullet.

Last edited:
Last week or the week before, somebody posted a snippet of a Diesel-esque AFX3 tone with I think firmware 21b7 to demonstrate (I think) undesirable ā€œfuzzā€. I loved that tone! I think it was an attempt to show that it differed from expectations, but I instantly thought, ā€œIf Dieselā€™s sound like this, ME MUST HAVES!!!111ā€ I guess itā€™s all a matter of perspective.
haha! same here! I loved that fuzziness and instantly thought the same as you. but no surprise since I'm a bit of fuzz freak. I was actually a bit disappointed to learn that something was off with the model :) .

And one more example from DT it is obvious...(buzzing, fizzing, raw sound with no exaggerated bottom end) but the right one in combination with the other instrunents.

@Thomas Obester's tone [the first one] one was superior, very pronounced and not polished.

I just want to know how they got Wolverine to do the Badlander video! LOL
Listened to them all. Think they all sound great, and each one has it's place and purpose!
Keep Rocking everyone!
As you were......

Someone šŸ˜‰ said:
They play for like three hours
The average Super Bowl is longer than 3.5 hours (total duration, not playing time):

In 2010, Super Bowl XLIV started at 6:30PM and ended at 10:12PM. Three hours and 42 minutes. In 2011, Super Bowl XL started at 6:30PM and ended at 10:23PM. Three hours and 53 minutes. In 2012, Super Bowl XLVI started at 6:30PM and ended at 9:53PM. Three hours and 23 minutes. 2013ā€™s Super Bowl was 4 hours and 15 minutes long (thatā€™s very long!). 2014ā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 25 minutes long (pretty short!). 2015ā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 37 minutes long (this porridge is just right!). Last yearā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 53 minutes.

(Source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/4/14403598/how-long-is-the-super-bowl)

Last edited:
The average Super Bowl is longer than 3.5 hours:

In 2010, Super Bowl XLIV started at 6:30PM and ended at 10:12PM. Three hours and 42 minutes. In 2011, Super Bowl XL started at 6:30PM and ended at 10:23PM. Three hours and 53 minutes. In 2012, Super Bowl XLVI started at 6:30PM and ended at 9:53PM. Three hours and 23 minutes. 2013ā€™s Super Bowl was 4 hours and 15 minutes long (thatā€™s very long!). 2014ā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 25 minutes long (pretty short!). 2015ā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 37 minutes long (this porridge is just right!). Last yearā€™s Super Bowl was 3 hours and 53 minutes.

(Source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/2/4/14403598/how-long-is-the-super-bowl)
They were talking about soccer, that is not 3h but 90 minutes

I know. šŸ˜€

It's US (televised) sports that tends to be very long and drawn out. But ties/draws are not generally acceptable!

Last edited:
I came to say how great my existing presets were sounding great without any tweaks with this firmware, but will just leave this while Iā€™m at it. šŸ˜‰

insect_fo_sorting_mats.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom