Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not detailed technical feedback with before/after clips etc. That said, I updated, plugged in, and my initial reaction was WOW COOL.

I was already digging 20.04 before upgrading, and I didn't try to record and compare, so maybe placebo, but I don't think so.

Thick and rich and responsive and ballsy. Seems like maybe some more low end, maybe, but it was easier to get happy on both neck and bridge w the same settings, which has been a bit of a sore point w me. Just had time to check out one current fave preset, half Swart scenes half Liverpool, but both amps were stellar after simple adjustments.

This is gonna be fun...

Just updated. This is my first firmware update. There are significant differences in my presets now. Some parameters like negative feedback and low cut frequency have reverted back to stock settings. I did a full backup before updating. If I reinstall the backups will my presets go back to how I set them or do I have to sift through them?

the amp block's values will automatically update to the new defaults on load so retweaking will be necessary and is honestly best practice anyway unless you absolutely need your presets to sound the same for a project or something

edit: for clarity, if you need your old preset sound for a project revert to old firmware and reset the values to where you had them before. otherwise the new algorithms should make tweaking these parameters again more satisfying since the modeling itself has reached new heights of accuracy. hope this helps

the amp block's values will automatically update to the new defaults on load so retweaking will be necessary and is honestly best practice anyway unless you absolutely need your presets to sound the same for a project or something

edit: for clarity, if you need your old preset sound for a project revert to old firmware and reset the values to where you had them before. otherwise the new algorithms should make tweaking these parameters again more satisfying since the modeling itself has reached new heights of accuracy. hope this helps
I guess it’s only certain parameters because bass mid treble are fine. Weird.

Great....thanks a lot :)
For some reason fw releases always drop a few hours after I install a beta....but I can live with that ;)

Any changes that has been done to the "input dynamics" parameter ?
Am I hearing correctly that now it makes much more profound difference ?
It also adds quite a bit of gain when you crank it and substract gain when the knob is lowered.
In fw 20.05. it used to change the dynamics of pick attack and not so much gain level IIRC.
But I must say I love it now a lot more, it´s mind-blowingly good @FractalAudio :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom