Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone interested, here is my IIC++ / CCV 2C stereo preset.
I used here Legacy cab #73 USA Trad 57-121 from ML.
If you have, use YA Mesa OSv2 Mix 01 hard panned left and YA Mesa Trad Mix 01 hard panned right.
Feel free to let me know how it translates to your setup.
Remember, In order to hear this preset correctly, you must have hard panned each of your studio monitors to left and right with your sound interface software. My Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 doesn’t have that from factory settings.
Oh.. and try first 4 scenes, they are all a bit different (I love scene 2) :)
Also, if you feel like the preset is low end heavy for you, lower the GEQ in IIC++ from +6.50 to +6db and in CCV depth from 3.75 to 3.
This is by far my most organic dual amp high gain tone :)
Enjoy !
Awesome preset and it translate very well to my setup. (Ollo Audo S4X HEadphones and Nubert Nupro X 3000RC Studio Monitors)
No need to no changes tone settings etc. I only added a Reverb and a Dual Detune to make it even wider sounding.
I could easily play a gig with it.
Thank you!

Please tell me, what you think about my changes.

Attachments

• IIC++ CCV 2C Sash Modified.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 52
Awesome preset and it translate very well to my setup. I made no changes in tone settings etc. I only added a Reverb and a Dual Detune to make it even wider sounding.
I could easily play a gig with it.
Thank you!

Please tell me, what you think about my changes.
thank you for the kind words Sasha !
Will check this ASAP 😊

Well deserved, one of the best presets that I heard for a long time!
You definitely got me with this.
Oh, of course I used the YA Cabs with it.
and it’s free 😊
BTW, do you hear big sound difference between your headphones and monitors ?
I am really trying to get these Ollo headphones, but wondering how different they will be compared to my Adam A7X monitors..

and it’s free 😊
BTW, do you hear big sound difference between your headphones and monitors ?
I am really trying to get these Ollo headphones, but wondering how different they will be compared to my Adam A7X monitors..
The Ollo Headphones are really flat sounding, not much difference to my monitors.
I love them and I have two pairs. I don’t need to change anything. Presets that I create with my Headphones or Monitors are translating very well to P.A Systems etc.

Until this discussion, I'd never heard of Ollo! Aesthetically, they look awesome. Specs seem really good, too. Unfortunately, I need to use closed-back headphones in my studio, so I use the Slate VSX for most things.
The great thing about these Headphones is that every pair is measured and you will get the measurement for your specific pair of Headphones.
If I remember right, there is also a closed back version.

The great thing about these Headphones is that every pair is measured and you will get the measurement for your specific pair of Headphones.
If I remember right, there is also a closed back version.

Yes! I skipped over that model. It's the S4R. Those are closed back.

Open back is generally preferred sure to its superior sound quality. Unless you need sound isolation, I would go with open back.

I have Ollo S4 and S5X. Both are really great headphones that I enjoy with the Axe. (It seems I have a headphone addiction)
S5x ? woow, so those are even better then s4x ? judging by the name..

Last edited:
It might sound sharp or raspy when isolated, but that’s just what well-mixed guitar sounds like.
There are myriad examples of very popular, commercially produced guitar tracks that cut through the mix just fine and don't sound fizzy at all. A few prominent examples:

Heart - Barracuda
Boston - More Than A Feeling
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Rush - Limelight

There are certainly examples of popular tracks with fizzy guitars, but you do not need fizz to cut through a mix.

There are myriad examples of very popular, commercially produced guitar tracks that cut through the mix just fine and don't sound fizzy at all. A few prominent examples:

Heart - Baracuda
Boston - More Than A Feeling,
Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
Iron Maiden - Wasted Years
Rush - Limelight

There are certainly examples of popular tracks with fizzy guitars, but you do not need fizz to cut through a mix.
I agree..just listen how “de-fizzed” are guitars on St. Anger album :) really dark and it works 😀
Maybe strange, but that st. anger guitar sound is one of my most beloved ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom