Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you mind sharing some details regarding settings, IR etc.?
sure, preset contains only amp, cab and delay block.

I am using 2 IR’s (YA Mesa OSv2 Mix 01 panned hard left and YA Mesa Trad Mix 01 panned hard right). low cur for both IR’s set at 80hz. then in cab block - preamp low cut is set at 50hz. top end is wide open.

IIC++ settings :

Input Gain 7.5
Input Drive 9.25
Bass 1
Mids 3
Treble 7
Presence 3
Master volume 2
Output -5db

GEQ :
80hz +6db
240hz +2db
750hz -7.5db
2200hz +4.5db
6600hz +2db

input dynamics 3
transformer drive 2.5

everything else is at stock settings.

Clip was recorded with PRS Tremonti in drop C.

I came to say how great my existing presets were sounding great without any tweaks with this firmware, but will just leave this while I’m at it. 😉

insect_fo_sorting_mats.png

I agree on the first part ….,yet I’ve heard people use the phrase “false fact” in debates and exchanges.

Is there such a thing as “false truth” lol? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve also heard people say “It’s a true fact”.

Wouldn’t that then be a “True truth”? 🤷🏻‍♂️

An opinion is not necessarily false nor true. Yet it can be false or true.

For instance a jury gives a verdict based off of the evidence presented in a case. The jury reaches an opinion.

The opinion can be true or false, though a verdict is taken as truth by the court.

In music there’s tons of ‘opinions’ regarding tone, instruments, mixing... etc. For instance... the tone may be way to bass heavy, or to much treble in ‘truth’ etc... but, at the end of the day... it’s an opinion.
A given truth is the Earth goes around the Sun, or “the new firmware changed my tone”.

My man, that's exactly what I'm hearing.
I’m a little embarrassed to say I thought the update ruined my favorite amp model, but only for a brief moment 🤣 I was too excited to get the update, so I downloaded it when I only had 20 minutes to play around with it. Big mistake on my part. I went to work kinda bummed out, then came home and figured it out pretty fast. What really threw me off was my Fas Modern III preset still sounded really tight in comparison - WELL that one defaults to a low cut of 580 hz!!! My Atomica High went all the way back to 10 hz.

I am surprised we are still having the fizz debate. I personally hate fizz, but it’s how real amps sound, and as Cliff has explained (somewhere), that is the essential sound that cuts through the mix.

It might sound sharp or raspy when isolated, but that’s just what well-mixed guitar sounds like.

I am surprised we are still having the fizz debate

We weren't until you just opened the wound and poured salt back into it! Thanks.

Kidding. I was never party to that debate. But I did love the Diesel-flavored "chug" samples some on the forum uploaded while they debated the issue. Made me really want a Diesel, or (barring that, because Diesel's are spendy) at least the AFX3 Diesel-flavored alternatives.

I am surprised we are still having the fizz debate. I personally hate fizz, but it’s how real amps sound, and as Cliff has explained (somewhere), that is the essential sound that cuts through the mix.

It might sound sharp or raspy when isolated, but that’s just what well-mixed guitar sounds like.
True, trying to mix dark guitars throws everything off and you end up with a wall of sound. Reminds me of this album:

I love it but its a mess mix-wise

True, trying to mix dark guitars throws everything off and you end up with a wall of sound. Reminds me of this album:

I love it but its a mess mix-wise

It reminds me of so many local bands where you just can’t hear the guitar, no matter how loud it is. You hear the guitar in sound check, and it sounds great on its own, but you think uh-oh… as soon as the bass start playing, bye-bye guitar.

Funny story, I used to hate strats because I hated the “shrill” sound. I used a Les Paul exclusively, probably mixed super-dark. (I like Wes Montgomery and was shooting for that timbre.) Since getting the Axe and learning so much just on this forum, I now play a strat exclusively through really bright amps! I had just the LP for like 25 years (yikes), and then bought 4 fender guitars after the axe and this forum took me to school!

For anyone interested, here is my IIC++ / CCV 2C stereo preset.
I used here Legacy cab #73 USA Trad 57-121 from ML.
If you have, use YA Mesa OSv2 Mix 01 hard panned left and YA Mesa Trad Mix 01 hard panned right.
Feel free to let me know how it translates to your setup.
Remember, In order to hear this preset correctly, you must have hard panned each of your studio monitors to left and right with your sound interface software. My Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 doesn’t have that from factory settings.
Oh.. and try first 4 scenes, they are all a bit different (I love scene 2) :)
Also, if you feel like the preset is low end heavy for you, lower the 80hz slider in IIC++ GEQ from +6.50 to +6db and in CCV depth from 3.75 to 3.
This is by far my most organic dual amp high gain tone :)
Enjoy !

Attachments

• IIC++ CCV 2C.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom