Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irs … irs … the time I spent to try to make it sound « natural » everytime 🤦‍♂️. It sound so easily like a razor . The trick to put the mic a little bit away from the cab remove that a little, but it add basses and remove some definition. finding compromise yep
here is the IIC++ model with FW21 with exact settings as with IR´s, but played with power amp and real cab.
Still fizzy for you ?
If it´s not fizzy for you anymore, then I suppose you probably don´t like miced sound.

Last edited:
zevAE7i.jpg

The point that I wanted to make with my short clip is that IMO, the amp modeling now sounds exactly like real amps. (many times even better IMHO)
With real amps that are miced up, you also need to make cuts in order to have more pleasing sound.
But if that is needed for band mix it´s up for debate in other threads :)

amp modeling now sounds exactly like real amps. (many times even better IMHO)

Amen to that, brother of tone! My experience exactly.

I have and love my new REVV Generator 120 MKIII. But guess what? Compared to the AFX3? It’s just okay. But I’m ruined by Fractal, and I’m fine with that. The REVV G120mk3 will be be used in the studio, a lot. But the AFX3 is beyond its equal. In every conceivable way. There is no possible way to distinguish real amps from AFX3 with ears. We are well beyond that point.

What a bad example Mud, he is making a comparison with an isolated guitar track not "covering" the whole instrument with other instruments bass, drums etc. Make an experiment, just isolate you by yourself only the guitar from your favourite track and you'll find out what really is in the mix.
Yep but even isolated, there is a world between a Marshall and a boogie well set. These are tastes then . But a « metal tone » is not only a cranked Marshall of the 80’s

What a bad example Mud, he is making a comparison with an isolated guitar track not "covering" the whole instrument with other instruments bass, drums etc. Make an experiment, just isolate you by yourself only the guitar from your favourite track and you'll find out what really is in the mix.

Last edited:
But a « metal tone » is not only a cranked Marshall of the 80’s

If the operative word is “only”, then I agree. But certainly a Marshall can easily achieve the Metal-est of even modern Metal tones… depending on how used. It’s not really the amp, ultimately. It’s how it’s used.

well, I hear the same fizz and sizzle (desirable), right from the start.
just listen at 0:48

Last week or the week before, somebody posted a snippet of a Diesel-esque AFX3 tone with I think firmware 21b7 to demonstrate (I think) undesirable “fuzz”. I loved that tone! I think it was an attempt to show that it differed from expectations, but I instantly thought, “If Diesel’s sound like this, ME MUST HAVES!!!111” I guess it’s all a matter of perspective.

One question about this new firmware. What affect does a new firmware such as this totally new Cygnus X-2 have on previous Tone Matches? Will they have to be recreated due to the amp block changes?

Last week or the week before, somebody posted a snippet of a Diesel-esque AFX3 tone with I think firmware 21b7 to demonstrate (I think) undesirable “fuzz”. I loved that tone! I think it was an attempt to show that it differed from expectations, but I instantly thought, “If Diesel’s sound like this, ME MUST HAVES!!!111” I guess it’s all a matter of perspective.
I had 4 different diezels and now have 5th one and they are not fuzzy at all. Only with gain on full (vhx not), but the fractal models were fuzzy with much less gain - that was not how Peter intended them to sound.
I´m glad this is fixed now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom