Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow , a lot a low frequencies removed in the recto . I have played some minutes with the previous beta and then upload this one, it s like half of the ultra low end is gone , and it also affect the gain ( less gain)
lets try all the others amps ! I think I will retweaks all my presets, no choice

the recto is now more usable without a boost .

Does it responds more like a real recto according to you now?

Does it responds more like a real recto according to you now?
yes it's better !
before, everytime I choosed the recto in the axe i dislike it by default , it needed boost, this and that. Now you have a cool sound without it. then for thrash things etc it needs a boost, but like for real .

I have already visited 18 amps (I have a preset for each amp in the box ) ,

I have removed 90% of the low cut in the cab block . Only a few amps still need a low cut, like the JVM OD2 or the VH4 but for the others it is useless now . It's like the sound it's already cut .

Also my preset with the fryette delivrance was quieter in volume. I dont know if it was already like that or ...

lets continue !

But this is a nice update ! Everything sound better until now. More clarity .

the 1987x Treble amp sound weird now. When you do a chord you have a strange sound behind, like a lofi filter or ... so hard to put words on sound ... like a fuzz pedal in parallel or ... well try it . i dont know the original so .... but I used it for ac/dc , malmsteen etc and now hm

Edit : this sound behind are in half the Marshall now. Maybe I didn’t notice it before ? But it concern all the amp “improved” so, maybe this is the difference

Last edited:
the 1987x Treble amp sound weird now. When you do a chord you have a strange sound behind, like a lofi filter or ... so hard to put words on sound ... like a fuzz pedal in parallel or ... well try it . i dont know the original so .... but I used it for ac/dc , malmsteen etc and now hm

Edit : this sound behind are in half the Marshall now. Maybe I didn’t notice it before ? But it concern all the amp “improved” so, maybe this is the difference

Not hearing this. Just the normal sizzle.
Everything sounds excellent.

Awesome. Sounds great.
Sorry if stupid question, but what is H-B curve?
The B-H curve is essentially the inductance of a transformer vs. applied magnetic force. A transformer is a very nonlinear device. At very low and very high flux intensity the inductance is less than at nominal. Furthermore the curve has hysteresis so the inductance decreases when the flux changes direction.

... like a fuzz pedal in parallel or ...

I found this happening already with the previous beta. It isn´t there when you hit the strings immediatly, but this second fuzzy layer comes up when the notes ring out. Even more noticeable when a compressor is in play...of course. I´m using Marshalls most of the time. But I noticed it also on my Fender clean preset.

I found this happening already with the previous beta. It isn´t there when you hit the strings immediatly, but this second fuzzy layer comes up when the notes ring out. Even more noticeable when a compressor is in play...of course. I´m using Marshalls most of the time. But I noticed it also on my Fender clean preset.
That's what tube amps do when you push the power amp. Due to bias excursion the amp goes from Class-AB to Class-B. FWIW, there has been no change in that behavior in a long time and neither this firmware or the previous beta changed anything in that regard. In fact, in the previous beta there were no changes whatsoever to the amp modeling.

This is very desirable behavior in a goofy amp like a Marshall! It's gotta go BRAAAAAAAAAANNNGGGGG then wooosssshhhh zzzzzzzzzzz on an E chord. 100% scientific description.

ha.

Even if fractal explained it, it's cool not to be alone listening some things .
As I notice it in these amps and not on the others... that's why I point it .

There is a strange dirty layer behind the tone, but it can be that it is totally normal as I never owned these series personally. But it sound "weird" yes. When you run all the amps and then hear you that, i jumped a little bit on my chair

@FractalAudio but, as written in the notes, you changed : capacitor, accuracy and block output transformer in these. that's not really "nothing" :) , maybe it dont affect it directly but who knows... Maybe it is more hearable after all these changes ?

Last edited:
Frantically installing the new FW before heading out! Thanks FAS!

Btw, will there be a FAS version of the "wrong" SV20? Would love to keep that sound in there since I built a couple of awesome sounding presets using that amp. Or is there a way to get that sound with the "new" and correct SV20 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom