Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed all the high pass filters / low cuts I was using.
It's nice in my opinion, the USA Pre (Triaxis) Lead 2 yellow I gravitate towards is easier to tame in the low end. I need less gain on this FW 21 beta, less speaker compression too. Seems like. I can use Bass on 3 or 4 and it's not a tubby soup. Often I'd have to drop it to zero on this model, but usually Bass was around 1 or 2 at most before.
Removed multiband comp too, was using that sometimes to keep lows at bay.

I've been practicing more than usual the last couple weeks too, so that might help with me feeling like things "sound" better.

Using "Hard" in the speaker page, instead of default medium. I just like it that way for high gain.

It's always difficult for me to tell how much is me fooling myself and how much is an effect of the changes made. Doesn't seem like a subtle difference to me, not in the low end. Seems quite pronounced. especially in delay and reverb tails
But my ears are geezers too, random times I have nothing over 8khz in one ear sometimes LOL

Anyway. Yeah, something going on, love the palm mutes, haven't tried it in a mix.

based on my testing so far, seems like I can maybe finally jettison the MBC chug tightener after amp block - much less "chug boom" 👍👍

looking-good-gif.gif

To Mr. Chase. Let me add my hearty, "Thanks ever so much!" to the many, many appreciative fans and customers' comments. Your consistent devotion to keep improving the already quite wonderful Fractal Audio products is a rare treasure indeed! - Brian Cooper, Shinkai Studio, Japan

I don't normally install the betas, but I couldn't resist this one and finally caved.

Just...WOW. I mean...WOW. ALL of my presets have significantly improved high end clarity without sacrificing an ounce of bass response.

I haven't cared for the Recto2 in the past, but I threw together a preset earlier with Org Mod/VH4 in parallel and it's CHONKY.

This is a definite game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom